Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 NDSU vs Miami OH 1:00 in Bahamas

Default 11/16 NDSU vs Miami OH 1:00 in Bahamas

The Tournament: The North Dakota State men's basketball team (1-1) travels to Nassau, Bahamas, this weekend for three games in the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase. The Bison open against Miami (Ohio) on Friday afternoon at 2 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. CT inside Kendal Isaacs National Gymnasium. NDSU will play either Montana or Incarnate Word on Saturday, and one of Towson, Pepperdine, Florida Atlantic and Georgia Southern on Sunday.

Where to Watch: Each game will be streamed live by the tournament hosts, with a price of $9.95 per game or $24.95 for all 12 tournament games. Links are available on GoBison.com.

Radio: Each of NDSU's games in the Bahamas will be broadcast by Brad Jones for Radio FM Media. Friday's and Saturday's contests will air on HITS 96.9 FM, and Sunday's game will air on 107.9 The Fox (and potentially Bison1660, depending on game time). Audio for each game will be streamed free on GoBison.com/allaccess.

About Miami (Ohio): The RedHawks will take a 1-1 record to the Bahamas, falling 90-68 at Butler on Nov. 10 before defeating NAIA Midway University (Ky.) 91-42 on Nov. 12. Miami was picked to finish second in the MAC East Division this season behind only Buffalo after going 16-18 one year ago. Sophomore guard Nike Sibande leads the RedHawks with 21.5 points and 5.0 rebounds per game this season.

History vs. Miami (Ohio): The Bison and RedHawks have never played each other in men's hoops.

Back to the Bahamas: NDSU made a trip to Nassau in August 2015, playing three offseason exhibition games as part of the trip. The Bison went a perfect 3-0 inside Kendal Isaacs National Gymnasium.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 11/16 NDSU vs Miami OH 1:00 in Bahamas

Had a meeting but just tuned in 42-40 at halftime after Shahid made a nice move to get a layup with about 10 seconds left in the half. Excited to watch the second half, streaming quality is not great but I've definitely watched much worse.

Bison lead 42-40 at half. Both teams shooting the ball very well. Bison shot 11/20 from 3.

Vinny 10
    Samuelson 9
    Krueser 6
    Geu 5
    Hunter 4
    Quayle 3
    Eady 3
    Griesel 2

Surprisingly Ward has not scored.

20 of our 24 shots so far have been 3’s. Getting killed on the glass but that will be the story every game this year

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    20 of our 24 shots so far have been 3’s. Getting killed on the glass but that will be the story every game this year
    both teams shooting a high %. Would like to see some drives to the bucket. But since I can only watch stats, maybe they are driving and kicking it out for open looks.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    both teams shooting a high %. Would like to see some drives to the bucket. But since I can only watch stats, maybe they are driving and kicking it out for open looks.
    That is the word from the tweetercasts!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    20 of our 24 shots so far have been 3’s.
    wtf really? Thats terrible.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That is the word from the tweetercasts!
    Getting great looks, not shooting well to start the second half. Definitely been more aggressive taking it to the basket. Unfortunately in combo with us not shooting well Miami got hot and when they do miss we haven't been able to rebound.

Miami cant miss and the Bison starting to cool off and fouling way to much. Bison trail 66-56.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Miami cant miss and the Bison starting to cool off and fouling way to much. Bison trail 66-56.
    Scoring droughts are a killer and we seem not to avoid them late in games.