Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SIU Pregame Thread

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SIU Pregame Thread

It's the last flight stalking of the regular season!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...800Z/KMWA/KFAR
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    TIL.....

The enrollment numbers at SIU Carbondale have dropped drastically over the past 17 years.

In 1991, there were 24,869 students.

In 2018, the number reported was 12,817.
    coincidentally you moved to the state of Illinois in 1991 too

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    coincidentally you moved to the state of Illinois in 1991 too
    No it's not.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    1991 to 2018 seems more like 27 years instead of 17 to me, but I am assuming you just made a typo. Either that, or this new math is WAY beyond my comprehension. Having only roughly half of the enrollment of 1991 is a pretty interesting stat, though...
    Once the number gets above 18 Izzy's addition and subtraction skills become very sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Once the number gets above 18 Izzy's addition and subtraction skills become very sketchy.
    Is that due to a couple of missing fingers or toes? If so I can help.

Keep in mind that when counting one is not limited to the use of only leaf nodes but rather one may also employ branches and trunk. Therefore, as a male with all appendages still intact you should be able to get all the way to 27!

This helpful tip has been dispatched free of charge as an extension of Give To The Max Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Senior day. Anyone actually want to talk football?

These guys put up 38 points...going into the 4th quarter on SDSU. That is alarming. Put them inside, on turf, these guys will move the ball. Now, will they ever get the ball from us? Could this be one of those games where we don't even pass? Just run it up their backside? THey aren't good on defense, but they have skill talent on defense.

I think we end up with a couple of big interceptions and we have a lot of guys carry the ball. Hopefully the O line has a field day.

These are a special group of seniors. They recommitted to a staff under a lot of speculation. Congrats to the young men who have stuck it out. Impressive bunch.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

These guys put up 38 points...going into the 4th quarter on SDSU. That is alarming. Put them inside, on turf, these guys will move the ball. Now, will they ever get the ball from us? Could this be one of those games where we don't even pass? Just run it up their backside? THey aren't good on defense, but they have skill talent on defense.

I think we end up with a couple of big interceptions and we have a lot of guys carry the ball. Hopefully the O line has a field day.

These are a special group of seniors. They recommitted to a staff under a lot of speculation. Congrats to the young men who have stuck it out. Impressive bunch.
    Most impressive graduating class since 2013?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

Agreed. Talk about a focused bunch. I've heard Coach K say on a couple of occasions that these guys knew they had the opportunity to do something special this year. Win the Valley, win a championship, go undefeated. These guys are leaving a legacy, and they are all challenging each other every day to hold each other to the expectations they've set for themselves.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SIU game may not be the walk over we all anticipate ---

The SIU QB last week was senior Matt DeSomer who was named MVFC offensive player of the week.

https://siusalukis.com/news/2018/10/...-the-week.aspx

FTA: "Making his fourth career start, DeSomer rallied SIU with four-unanswered touchdowns in a 49-35 win over Missouri State. He completed 19-of-24 passes for a career-high 206 yards, plus three touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran the ball 14 times for 92 yards."

DeSomer is 1-5 as a starting QB with last week's win his first. He needs 42 yards to become the second quarterback in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in his career. Not bad for a 6 game career.

https://siusalukis.com/news/2018/11/...?path=football

Bio: https://siusalukis.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3415
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    SIU game may not be the walk over we all anticipate ---

The SIU QB last week was senior Matt DeSomer who was named MVFC offensive player of the week.

https://siusalukis.com/news/2018/10/...-the-week.aspx

FTA: "Making his fourth career start, DeSomer rallied SIU with four-unanswered touchdowns in a 49-35 win over Missouri State. He completed 19-of-24 passes for a career-high 206 yards, plus three touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran the ball 14 times for 92 yards."

DeSomer is 1-5 as a starting QB with last week's win his first. He needs 42 yards to become the second quarterback in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in his career. Not bad for a 6 game career.

https://siusalukis.com/news/2018/11/...?path=football

Bio: https://siusalukis.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3415
    I don't think anyone is over looking their offense and the ability they have to score some points. But their defense is pretty bad, and the Bison should be able to hold onto the ball for a very long time. Best way to shut down an opposing offense is to keep them on the sidelines. I think we jump out to an early lead, and then our D line pins their ears back and gets after the QB knowing they have to pass and play catch up.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1