Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SIU Pregame Thread

Default Re: SIU Pregame Thread

So, a lot of tickets left?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    I don't think anyone is over looking their offense and the ability they have to score some points. But their defense is pretty bad, and the Bison should be able to hold onto the ball for a very long time. Best way to shut down an opposing offense is to keep them on the sidelines. I think we jump out to an early lead, and then our D line pins their ears back and gets after the QB knowing they have to pass and play catch up.
    While all of this is true I will be surprised if SIU doesn’t do what YSU, ISUr, and Misery State all tried to do and that is to stack the box with lots of bodies to force the Bison to beat them with the pass. This will likely lead to big plays and huge chunks of yardage and very little time taken off the clock leaving SIU to stay in the game in the first half or more with their offense. So I guess I agree with VB, this game could be closer than most think. Kolpack expects a high scoring game.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t know that I would say sdsu defense is any sort of a model of consistency, while they typically trips over their own dick when it comes to defending any offense that requires some coaching (SIU almost always gives them trouble). They also gave up over 50 to Indiana State...

SIU can score, I just doubt it will be with consistency, while the Bison should house most possessions

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- Who is the Saluki QB? Is the better runner injured? (#7 DeSomer)
    If so, does the better one passer play? (#4 Straub)
    Or do both play in a valiant effort against the Bison?

- Choices, Choices!
    Jackrabbits put up 315 yards rushing last weekend against SIU, 341 yards passing.
    I loved how NDSU attacked whatever Missouri State was doing on D last weekend and exploited it. SDSU went with big passing plays and ran impressively against SIU. So shall the Bison! Something to watch anyways......

- Both starting Saluki CB’s and a Safety have been lost for the season to injury, helping explain their troubles defending the pass.

- Most points NDSU has given up this season at the FargoDome is 17 (to SDSU).
    Last time the Bison played a bad defense was well, last weekend, and got 48 points, so yeah, I’ll be looking for a 48-17 score.

- SIU has some good players to watch, including former Mutant Ninja Turtle:
    WR Raphael Leonard (6’ 2” SR) - 55 receptions - 14.2 ypc - 6 TD’s

Also:
    RB D.J. Davis - 5’ 8” 168 JR - 1067 yards rushing - 6.3 ypc - 6 TD’s
    DE Anthony Knighton - 6’ 2” 253 Soph - 8.5 sacks

- And finally, will QB Holden Hotchkiss get to play with the 1st team OLine?
    Don’t think it happened last weekend, even though the Bison had a 34-0 halftime lead.

We might just see Noah Sanders for a few snaps.

Where the hell is the Gameday thread starter???