Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 4.0

Default Re: Bracketology 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't know, that loss to Montana was just an example of what we have seen except for one game out of UNI...they are a mediocre football team.
    Then who isn’t a mediocre team? NDSU, SDSU, EWU, JMU, Ill St?, Kennesaw?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not the final score, but even thebigund on SS said they were schooled and had garbage scores at the end..
    UND scored a TD with about 3 minutes left in the game, their only 4th quarter score. Weber was better, but hardly a blowout.
    If the Bison won a game that close Bisonville would shut down in panic.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Then who isn’t a mediocre team? NDSU, SDSU, EWU, JMU, Ill St?, Kennesaw?
    NDSU, SDSU, EWU and WSU are good and there might be a few more beyond that but it doesn't take much until you get into a wasteland of mediocrity.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    UND scored a TD with about 3 minutes left in the game, their only 4th quarter score. Weber was better, but hardly a blowout.
    If the Bison won a game that close Bisonville would shut down in panic.
    Like beating SDSU by 4 points?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I am a lot more concerned with the committee getting seeds wrong then I am about what they will do with the mediocre MVFC bubble teams. They could easily throw NDSU, SDSU, JMU and EWU all into one half of the bracket.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Wofford at Elon vs 1. NDSU
    Sacred Heart at Towson vs. 8. Colgate

Nicholls at Jacksonville St vs. 4. Kennesaw St
    ETSU at James Madison vs. 5. Maine

SEMO at UNI vs. 3. SDSU
    San Diego at Weber St vs. 6. UC-Davis

Monmouth at Delaware vs. 7. Stony Brook
    Idaho St at Montana vs. 2. Eastern Washington

Notes:
    Last weekend is always crazy. I have ISU beating Weber to get in. UND loses. JMU loses. Maine weak conference sched but committee may overlook that. I think a 6-5 MVC team gets in. UNI with wins over ISUR, SDSU, and ISUB, plus tough OOC sched. Monmouth sneaks in with weak bubble.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 11-12-2018 at 01:51 PM.

NDSU, SDSU, EWU and WSU are good and there might be a few more beyond that but it doesn't take much until you get into a wasteland of mediocrity.
    OK. So you can’t get to 8 seeds let alone 14 at large or 24 teams before you get to “mediocre”. Not a very helpful standard.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I am a lot more concerned with the committee getting seeds wrong then I am about what they will do with the mediocre MVFC bubble teams. They could easily throw NDSU, SDSU, JMU and EWU all into one half of the bracket.
    I agree with that. Seeding the wrong teams and getting the seeds wrong is where the committee damages the tournament the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    ETSU at Elon vs 1. NDSU
    Sacred Heart at Towson vs. 8. Colgate

Nicholls at Jacksonville St vs. 4. Kennesaw St
    Wofford at James Madison vs. 5. Maine

SEMO at UNI vs. 3. SDSU
    San Diego at Weber St vs. 6. UC-Davis

Monmouth at Delaware vs. 7. Stony Brook
    Idaho St at Montana vs. 2. Eastern Washington

Notes:
    Last weekend is always crazy. I have ISU beating Weber to get in. UND loses. JMU loses. Maine weak conference sched but committee may overlook that. I think a 6-5 MVC team gets in. UNI with wins over ISUR, SDSU, and ISUB, plus tough OOC sched. Monmouth sneaks in with weak bubble.
    The winner of Towson/JMU should be seeded over Stony Brook. Stony Brook lost to both of those teams... and lost to Towson convincingly.

Wonder what effect, if any, of understanding being independent has.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."