Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 4.0

Default Re: Bracketology 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The winner of Towson/JMU should be seeded over Stony Brook. Stony Brook lost to both of those teams... and lost to Towson convincingly.
    SBU beat Delaware, who beat Towson. Its a crap shoot lol

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My take:

Elon
    Wofford @1. North Dakota St

SE Missouri St @8. Nicholls St
    Western Illinois

Maine
    Stony Brook @4. Colgate

Duquesne @5. James Madison
    Towson

North Dakota
    Northern Iowa @3. South Dakota St

Eastern Tenn St @6. Kennesaw St
    Jacksonville St

San Diego
    Weber St @7. UC Davis

Incarnate Word @2. Eastern Washington
    Delaware

First Four Out:
    Idaho St
    Montana/Montana St Winner
    Furman
    North Carolina A&T
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Wonder what effect, if any, of understanding being independent has.
    From what I’ve heard, it makes it difficult for those teams on the bubble.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

NC A&T is leading the MEAC. Would they turn down the Celebration Bowl this time?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NC A&T is leading the MEAC. Would they turn down the Celebration Bowl this time?
    They're technically still tied with FAMU atop the MEAC standings and FAMU beat them head-to-head.

FAMU lost to South Carolina St last Saturday but due to some bad blood between the MEAC and Hampton around Hampton's abrupt departure from the conference last offseason that FAMU/SCSU game didn't count against the conference standings. As I understand it was basically put in place as a conference mandated OOC game so Hampton wouldn't be able to schedule either team as an OOC game. It's complicated... but the bottom line is if FAMU beats Bethune-Cookman next weekend they get the Celebration Bowl invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They're technically still tied with FAMU atop the MEAC standings and FAMU beat them head-to-head.

FAMU lost to South Carolina St last Saturday but due to some bad blood between the MEAC and Hampton around Hampton's abrupt departure from the conference last offseason that FAMU/SCSU game didn't count against the conference standings. As I understand it was basically put in place as a conference mandated OOC game so Hampton wouldn't be able to schedule either team as an OOC game. It's complicated... but the bottom line is if FAMU beats Bethune-Cookman next weekend they get the Celebration Bowl invite.
    Oh dang. I should've looked more into that. That takes away a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    OK. So you can’t get to 8 seeds let alone 14 at large or 24 teams before you get to “mediocre”. Not a very helpful standard.
    I don't know what you want me to say, the FCS isn't very deep this year. I like those teams and then there are a few teams that I could make a case for Towson, Delaware, Maine, Elon, Nicholls, UCD and maybe Colgate(depending on how their FBS game shakes out). That said a lot of these teams have had some clunkers, only NDSU has a sterling resume which is kind of bizarre.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Haley's bracket echos what I mentioned early, beware of how seeding affects the bracket...NDSU-SDSU-EWU overloaded on one side...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't know what you want me to say, the FCS isn't very deep this year. I like those teams and then there are a few teams that I could make a case for Towson, Delaware, Maine, Elon, Nicholls, UCD and maybe Colgate(depending on how their FBS game shakes out). That said a lot of these teams have had some clunkers, only NDSU has a sterling resume which is kind of bizarre.
    Simply thecalling UNI or whoever is 4th 5th 6th on you MVFC list “mediocre” isn’t an argument for keeping them out of the playoffs.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The committee likes to "spread the wealth" when it comes to the seeds. Which is why I don't see SDSU getting the 2 seed.