Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 4.0

Default Bracketology 4.0

I think the winner of ISUB/WIU and Montana/MSU get in. Not sure about UND, currently have them in but the committee might opt for a team like Furman instead.

Autobids:
    Big Sky: Weber State
    Big South: KSU
    CAA: Maine
    MVFC: NDSU
    NEC: Duquesne
    OVC: JSU
    PL: Colgate
    PFL: San Diego

SoCon: ETSU
    SLC: Nicholls State

The Field:
    UND at Montana State vs 1. NDSU
    Duquesne at SBU vs 8. Colgate

Elon at Wofford vs 4. KSU
    ETSU at JSU vs 5. EWU

USD at Nicholls vs 3. WSU
    Maine at Delaware vs 6. UC Davis

SEMO at ISUB vs 2. SDSU
    NC A&T at Towson vs 7. JMU

At-Large: SDSU, EWU, JMU, UCD, SBU, Towson, Delaware, Wofford, Elon, Montana State, NC A&T, ISUB, SEMO and North Dakota

Bubble: WIU, Montana, Furman, Incarnate Word, UNI, McNeese St, Lamar, Monmouth, ACU
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: Bracketology 4.0

Furman vs UND is really the big question, Furman only has a 10 game schedule so they can only get to 6 DI wins and UND has a very lacking resume...kind of a coin flip. Furman was supposed to play Colgate, shame that game was cancelled.

SEMO is very iffy IMO. If you have Jacksonville St losing to Kennesaw (which it looks like you do based on Kennesaw's #4 seed) is SEMO's win over an 8-3 Jacksonville St (who has 0 quality wins of their own) enough to overlook their 2 bad (borderline awful) losses to EKU and Murray St? Because that JSU win is all SEMO has. I'd take Furman or Incarnate Word at 6-4 over SEMO at 8-3. I see SEMO as about on par with Monmouth... as in not good enough to make the field as an at-large.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Furman vs UND is really the big question, Furman only has a 10 game schedule so they can only get to 6 DI wins and UND has a very lacking resume...kind of a coin flip. Furman was supposed to play Colgate, shame that game was cancelled.
    way better teams going get left out than the Resume UND has, I just don't see them getting the nod over a conference team from the CAA, Southern, BSC, MVFC
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    way better teams going get left out than the Resume UND has, I just don't see them getting the nod over a conference team from the CAA, Southern, BSC, MVFC
    Honestly, I am not sure that there are outside of Furman.

This year is a perfect example of why the FCS playoffs are way too bloated.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    SEMO is very iffy IMO. If you have Jacksonville St losing to Kennesaw (which it looks like you do based on Kennesaw's #4 seed) is SEMO's win over an 8-3 Jacksonville St (who has 0 quality wins of their own) enough to overlook their 2 bad (borderline awful) losses to EKU and Murray St? Because that JSU win is all SEMO has. I'd take Furman or Incarnate Word at 6-4 over SEMO at 8-3. I see SEMO as about on par with Monmouth... as in not good enough to make the field as an at-large.
    Incarnate Word has the same issue though, they've beaten nobody but middling SLC teams. Furman did beat Wofford but I'm not sure if that is much better than JSU.

Incarnate Word has the same issue though, they've beaten nobody but middling SLC teams. Furman did beat Wofford but I'm not sure if that is much better than JSU
    Furman also beat Chattanooga and they have no bad losses like SEMO does. It depends on how the committee sees it but I see UIW's wins over ACU, McNeese, SHSU, and Central Arkansas as quite a bit better than what SEMO has done. Yes, that JSU win is better than anything UIW has but after that the best record owned by a team that SEMO beat (not counting non-scholly Dayton) is 4-6 Austin Peay.

Honestly, I am not sure that there are outside of Furman.

This year is a perfect example of why the FCS playoffs are way too bloated.
    come on, once again UND missed out on playing the 2 best teams, UC-Davis and EWU, both would boat race them. Im confident even as they all say "overrated UNI" would whop them. That crap I watched yesterday was terrible football against a real shitty Portland St team.

I just don't think they deserve a Playoff spot as an Indy when they have not beat 1 playoff team all year
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

come on, once again UND missed out on playing the 2 best teams, UC-Davis and EWU, both would boat race them. Im confident even as they all say "overrated UNI" would whop them. That crap I watched yesterday was terrible football against a real shitty Portland St team.

I just don't think they deserve a Playoff spot as an Indy when they have not beat 1 playoff team all year
    You need to realize....the last team in this year is legitemately scrapping the bottom of the barrel and it could get worse since multiple teams usually crap the bed which UND is fully capable of doing.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

come on, once again UND missed out on playing the 2 best teams, UC-Davis and EWU, both would boat race them.
    Definitely possible, but Weber is right up there with Davis and EWU and they didn't "boat race" UND.