Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDT: UCSB at NDSU

Default Re: GDT: UCSB at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We did get to the free throw line a lot
    And made them as well!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Nice to see the victory, perhaps an upset at that.
    ESPN had UCSB ranked #170 (3rd in conference), NDSU #224 (6th in conference).
    Apparently the Gauchos were without Max Heidegger, but had beaten Wyoming even so.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow it seems like a very exciting game! I wish I could have seen it. Great win for the Bison!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    NDSU Marketing department really needs to step it up with the non-football sports. I had no idea that they were at home today and to be honest even while reading the box score just assumed they were in California. 3 day weekend for students almost always means very few show up and it doesn't matter what sport and honestly can't blame them too much.
    I've been complaining about this for years, the marketing department does a fair job but my biggest complaint is with the Fargo Forum. There were 3 separate large articles covering the results of the football game but not so much as a snip it of coverage for the home double header for men's and women's basketball. This is a fun team to watch and the local paper is doing the community a disservice by not enough giving people a heads up game day article. I know it's the heat of football season and I'm just as big of a football fan as basketball but when you get an entire section designated to football game day and can't even get a small article for basketball something is wrong.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As far as the team goes I think the biggest thing I noticed yesterday is the amount of energy and swag this team plays with compared to years past. There's a lot more emotion on floor and it's nice to see that in contrast to some of the more robotic teams we've had in the past and it's nice to see Richman letting them play that way instead of trying to harness it. Yesterday was the most fun I've had watching this team outside of the Summit League tourney in a long time. Get out and watch these guys play!

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I've been complaining about this for years, the marketing department does a fair job but my biggest complaint is with the Fargo Forum. There were 3 separate large articles covering the results of the football game but not so much as a snip it of coverage for the home double header for men's and women's basketball. This is a fun team to watch and the local paper is doing the community a disservice by not enough giving people a heads up game day article. I know it's the heat of football season and I'm just as big of a football fan as basketball but when you get an entire section designated to football game day and can't even get a small article for basketball something is wrong.
    Sorry but there isn't room for Bison BB coverage as it would take away from room needed to cover Hawks hockey.