Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 overall seed is sealed, conference championship sealed

Default Re: #1 overall seed is sealed, conference championship sealed

Its senior day, so the starters are going to play. Which QB would we play? I think HH is probably better prepared to be the starter right now but Tre Lance probably has the slight edge next year. Tough call because 1 side wants to see Tre get some more experience for next year but HH needs reps because he's the starter if Easton gets hurt. Both need reps

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    This thread is stupid!!!!!!!
    Welcome to Bisonville.
    We hope you enjoy your stay.

Why is this thread stupid? Could think of a lot worse topics. Championship is #1.

I’ll use this thread to complain about something I’ve had an issue with back to the Bohl days and is still a thing. Why the fuck do we have starters in the game when we are up 30+ in the second half? I’m pretty sure our backups aren’t gonna let up. We are burning Red Shirts for Special teams guys, which I’m fine with, but maybe let those guys get some work with the Off/Def? Mostly saying we have a billion seniors that are gonna be gone after this year. Those guys shouldn’t be playing in the 2nd half of a blowout. So many reps that the younger kids, some of whom will be starting next year could use.

For example, much rather have Jasir Cox in to get some reps than having Jabril Cox in to what..beat up guys in garbage time?

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    I’ll use this thread to complain about something I’ve had an issue with back to the Bohl days and is still a thing. Why the fuck do we have starters in the game when we are up 30+ in the second half? I’m pretty sure our backups aren’t gonna let up. We are burning Red Shirts for Special teams guys, which I’m fine with, but maybe let those guys get some work with the Off/Def? Mostly saying we have a billion seniors that are gonna be gone after this year. Those guys shouldn’t be playing in the 2nd half of a blowout. So many reps that the younger kids, some of whom will be starting next year could use.
    As evidence to refute your claims, I'll point out that the Bison have won six of the last seven national championships and are heavily favored to win another this season. Yeah, I think they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    As evidence to refute your claims, I'll point out that the Bison have won six of the last seven national championships and are heavily favored to win another this season. Yeah, I think they know what they are doing.

I agree that they know what they're doing, but wouldn't you be just a wee bit upset if Stick or Cox blew an ACL up 30 late in the 3rd, early 4th? I know I would be. Not arguing that our staff doesn't know what they're doing because they obviously are the best, but Stick took a couple of shots yesterday late that made me think of this exact thing.

I'd bet the starters want to play. They only get so many snaps in their career. Seems like the deal is they get 3 quarters in blowouts.

The coaches can't win. Posters criticize for leaving players in too long, other posters criticize Klieman for taking his foot off the gas.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Worked a game yesterday with the #2 team in NAIA hosting an 0-10 team with a 30 game losing streak. It was 35-7 in the last minute of the first half and Marian scored a TD on a short pass to their #1 receiver. It looked like a fairly simple play, but he went to the ground shortly after he got up. He had to be carried off the field with no weight on his foot. One of his teammates told me he heard a pop in his foot. They were already playing without their #1 running back. Not sure if he was injured or being held out. If they lost both the playoffs could be tough in the latter rounds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk