Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: #1 overall seed is sealed, conference championship sealed

Default Re: #1 overall seed is sealed, conference championship sealed

I'd like Easton to get the 30 or so rushing yards he needs to break the MVFC career rushing by a QB record.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    From a different perspective, the 2's and 3's in the running back corp were getting game time with the first string QB. Wilson and Colfield had the bulk of the rushing yards. Shepherd had a handful of catches with the balance scattered among TE's and backs. I think it was a game opportunity to fine tune the entire offensive squad. Messingham was not placing Stick into many perilous running situations or so it seemed.
    Agreed, great game call yesterday. They stacked the box and Stick made them play with solid passes and catches by TE and WR. Second we just beat them into submission with Colfield and Wilson.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

From a different perspective, the 2's and 3's in the running back corp were getting game time with the first string QB. Wilson and Colfield had the bulk of the rushing yards. Shepherd had a handful of catches with the balance scattered among TE's and backs. I think it was a game opportunity to fine tune the entire offensive squad. Messingham was not placing Stick into many perilous running situations or so it seemed.

Stick does that to himself. Go back and watch him go after the incompletion to Shep that some thought may be a fumble!!
    Damn, I'm Good!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly! I have talked to coaches about this very thing, why when you are up by 30+ points in the third quarter don't you put in the backups? First thing was game conditioning, not the same as practice conditioning, so starters need it. Second was backups need to play with starters, they learn more than if the entire D or O is replaced and third stringers are only playing with third stringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    [/B]Stick does that to himself. Go back and watch him go after the incompletion to Shep that some thought may be a fumble!!
    He’s the anti-Cam Newton.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Stick scores at least a TD on bama.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I'd like Easton to get the 30 or so rushing yards he needs to break the MVFC career rushing by a QB record.
    Hasn't he done that already?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think I'll trust the coach's judgemet on when they need to start taking starters out. Did anyone hear Coach K after the YSU game actually say how pleased he was that the Bison got to play a 4 quarter game for once? Maybe the starters are working on plays later in the game that they haven't executed real well in practice and they want to get better at them during a game. Maybe they're running plays at that point that they may need to turn to late in a close game down the road and they're successful because they did it in a game and got some film on it and improved on it. Win the day, win the game, win the play. Get better, and if playing through the 3rd quarter allows them to get better then that's all that matters. Sure, I would hate to see anyone get hurt late in a game, but these starters and seniors deserve to be in there as long as coach allows. It's been so fun watching Easton Stick play at NDSU these last 5 years, I want to see him out on every play and every snap that he has an opportuntiy to be out there for.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    NDSU career records have Stick at 2,245 and MVFC records have DeAndre Smith at 2,276.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Only got 8 net yards rushing against da Bears - looks like 31 yards to go. He is also 2 rushing TDs from getting the MVFC record for most rushing TDs (he's at 34, the record is 36.) For a little perspective, the NDSU record for rushing TDs by a QB is 60+ (and Bentrim played a 10-game schedule and they didn't count postseason games back then) - NDSU's offense is a tish more balanced nowadays.