Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Season Prediction

Default Re: 2018-2019 Season Prediction

You guys have to quit scoreboard watching and actually watch the games play out. This isn't football.

This is a good young team with a lot of potential to run a plethora of different match ups out there. They could be a 10 win season, and be playing the 2nd best basketball of anyone in the conference going into the Summit tournament.

This team is exciting to watch. Will they lay an egg on occasion? YES. Will they play brilliantly and win games they should not win? YES!! They are just a fun group to watch and as Mr B said, they need to improve week to week. Play their best ball in March and go dancing. Get to the SHAC to watch them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Good chance we'll be playing the #1 team in the country when we play Gonzaga next week.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Sounds like they're more fun to watch this year and will maybe grow throughout the season. Our family is heading to Johnson City to watch them on Saturday.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Men in action today at ETSU at 3 on ESPN+.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Men in action today at ETSU at 3 on ESPN+.
    Thanks, I didn't know the game was on +. Now I can watch both Bison BB and some FCS playoffs.

The team is currently 2-5 with 2 more road games before returning home. Road games are Saturday 1st vs Drake in Minny and at Iowa State Monday the 3rd. Here is my question ahead of these two games and Saturday's football playoff game. If we win Saturday's playoff game. With a home basketball game at 7:00 pm on the 8th, will NCAA give us the Friday night slot at 8:00 or noon game on Saturday? Does NDSU have a say in the matter? doubt it. Then the next question is. Despite the BB team maybe being 2-7 next Saturday would NDSU and the Dome allow tailgaters to continue to tailgate until the BB game at 7:00 and maybe have a packed house? Yes I realize there is several hours between the end of football game and tip of the BB. Just looking at marketing opportunities for our brand.

I think I know the answer but still want to discuss it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The team is currently 2-5 with 2 more road games before returning home. Road games are Saturday 1st vs Drake in Minny and at Iowa State Monday the 3rd. Here is my question ahead of these two games and Saturday's football playoff game. If we win Saturday's playoff game. With a home basketball game at 7:00 pm on the 8th, will NCAA give us the Friday night slot at 8:00 or noon game on Saturday? Does NDSU have a say in the matter? doubt it. Then the next question is. Despite the BB team maybe being 2-7 next Saturday would NDSU and the Dome allow tailgaters to continue to tailgate until the BB game at 7:00 and maybe have a packed house? Yes I realize there is several hours between the end of football game and tip of the BB. Just looking at marketing opportunities for our brand.

I think I know the answer but still want to discuss it.
    ESPN makes the call on the Friday/Saturday games. NDSU tells them what they prefer, but ultimately has no say. Whichever game has the best opportunity to draw eyes at the best time slot, that's where NDSU will play. No way tailgating remains open. I'm all for it. Like you said, great marketing and a way to draw a larger crowd. Could run a program where if you bring your football ticket stub, you get half off price of admission. Get people in the door. Get them interested in the game. Sell concessions. Just get people in the door. The money will follow. Send emails. Who knows what could be drummed up in a week.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

If you're looking to drum up interest in the men's basketball program inviting casual NDSU athletics fans to watch them play might not be the best idea right now...

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If you're looking to drum up interest in the men's basketball program inviting casual NDSU athletics fans to watch them play might not be the best idea right now...
    Sad but true, although the one bright spot of a game we've had this season has been at home so maybe a little home cooking is exactly what we need.