Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Season Prediction

Default Re: 2018-2019 Season Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Depth defending down in the post might be an issue this year. Rocky and Deng were rotating in and out with both of them in foul trouble. I don't see where the depth is behind those two.
    There is not anyone after them in the “post” role. Rocky yesterday got called for two moving screen fouls. He needs to get that fixed. His fouls need to be used on defense or storming the basket on a shot or rebound. Fouls 20 feet from the bucket on him is a big mistake.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Seems like there are a lot of those types of fouls called this year.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    Seems like there are a lot of those types of fouls called this year.
    Yeah i noticed a few in the opener and in the game Sunday I bet there were 7 or 8 of them total with I believe 3 against us, 2 of which were on Rocky. It's a simple fix, just need to stop a step sooner when screening, the reffing crew we had Sunday just seemed very touchy about it, just have to adapt to how the game is being called.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There is not anyone after them in the “post” role. Rocky yesterday got called for two moving screen fouls. He needs to get that fixed. His fouls need to be used on defense or storming the basket on a shot or rebound. Fouls 20 feet from the bucket on him is a big mistake.
    Considering that ref called 198 of them yesterday, I wasn't real concerned. LET THEM PLAY! That was a joke. Clearly you have to play according to how the game is being called. He was in foul trouble the entire game. But, it was tight both ways. Not a great crew. This team was a lot of fun to watch. Congrats on totally revamping a roster in one off season. They will be fun to watch. Lot of small ball, which is where the positionless game is at. Could be fun. I thought Horn was terrific with the ball in his hands. Creating shots for himself and others. I thought he was strictly a shooter, clearly much more. Other difference, this team had fun. They were all over eachother and the leadership of Vinny is evident. Non stop talking to teammates, even at the scorers table as guys were coming in, already in their ear. That was good to see.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Depth defending down in the post might be an issue this year. Rocky and Deng were rotating in and out with both of them in foul trouble. I don't see where the depth is behind those two.
    There is that 7-footer from Dickinson who redshirted last year...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    There is that 7-footer from Dickinson who redshirted last year...
    You must’ve missed the news, he had to have micro fracture surgery on his other knee. He’s out for the year again.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Soooooo 2-3 record after Bahamas trip....
    Rest of non conference schedule
    Loss at East Tennessee St.
    Loss at Gonzaga
    Win vs Drake ..picked last in MVC
    Loss at Iowa St.
    Loss vs Eastern Washington
    Loss vs Missouri St. But picked 8th in their conf
    Loss vs Montana
    Win vs CUPCAKE Northland College
    Soooooo.....
    4-9 to start conference play

Andddd went 5-9 in conference with Paul Miller n Aj last year.....

So maybe I was high with 11 wins prediction

Bye bye Richman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well after seeing and hearing about how the games had gone in a place a lot warmer than here I am now going to revise my prediction from that 16-19 wins to no more than 13. There is still some optimism lingering so that's what I'll go for this season.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

If you watched this team play against UCSB, you see reason for optimism. If you think a team with this man new kids is going to be good on the road, you are probably wrong. I think this team slowly improves. It was fun to at least see emotion and some smiles, it has been far too long. They had fun and got along. Something has changed and the young talent is very evident. Vinny's leadership will be important. He is really the key to me. We have a lot of young talent, that won't always lead to a great record, I think we lose some shitty games and win a few in conference that shocks some people. This team MUST improve throughout the year. In recent years, we have gotten worse. I have only watched the UCSB game, and we were very impressive. They will get better this year. Mid teens is a realistic goal on wins. They are going in the right direction. Last year we sucked and it was so hard to watch.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    If you watched this team play against UCSB, you see reason for optimism. If you think a team with this man new kids is going to be good on the road, you are probably wrong. I think this team slowly improves. It was fun to at least see emotion and some smiles, it has been far too long. They had fun and got along. Something has changed and the young talent is very evident. Vinny's leadership will be important. He is really the key to me. We have a lot of young talent, that won't always lead to a great record, I think we lose some shitty games and win a few in conference that shocks some people. This team MUST improve throughout the year. In recent years, we have gotten worse. I have only watched the UCSB game, and we were very impressive. They will get better this year. Mid teens is a realistic goal on wins. They are going in the right direction. Last year we sucked and it was so hard to watch.
    On the way to Mo State I stayed in council bluffs. As I checked in a basketball coach and his team got off a bus marked Western Nebraska. When he saw my duffle and coat with ndsu on it he came over and told me that before becoming the girls head coach he had coached Vinny. He talked about his leadership there. Nothing but praise for him.
    Of course he had lots of questions about ndsu football
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans