Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Valparaiso

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU vs. Valparaiso

#4 North Dakota State Bison (1-0) vs. Valparaiso Beacons (0-1)
    Saturday, September 11, 2021 · 2:30 p.m. · Fargodome · Fargo, ND

TV: The statewide ABC network of WDAY (Fargo), WDAZ (Grand Forks), KBMY (Bismarck/Dickinson) and KMCY (Minot/Williston) will have live coverage beginning at 2:30 p.m. with Dom Izzo calling the play-by-play, Sean Fredricks as color analyst, and Logan Campbell reporting from the sideline. The broadcast will also be available to ESPN+ subscribers on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
    RADIO: Coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network including 107.9 The Fox in Fargo with Jeff Culhane (play-by-play), Phil Hansen (analyst) and Cole Jirik (sideline). Extended coverage locally on Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 10:30-11:30, "Bison Game Day" from 11:30-1:30 and the "Bison Hotline" call-in show following the network broadcast.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview Release
    Valpo Game Preview
    Missouri Valley Weekly Release

The Fargo Forum
    McFeely blog: Five things to watch in the Bison-Valparaiso game

The Analyst FCS/HERO Sports
    FCS Week 2 Notable Games
    FCS Week 2 Predictions
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Valparaiso

Dominating win! Lots of young kids play.

Bison: 61
    Nickname changers: 7
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I demand at least one quarter for Cole Payton.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just hope both teams have fun

my kids are coming to see Cole.... and Dippin dots
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kyle Emanual is on color. You must have copied from last week

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Things I’ll be watching tomorrow include:

- Which Valparaiso team shows up? The Pioneer League team that was 4-2 this spring and broke a 14 game losing streak to San Diego with a 20-19 home victory? Or the Valpo team that just lost to a really good NAIA team, Indiana Wesleyan? The Crusaders, oops I mean Beacons, were picked to finish 6th in the Preseason Pioneer League poll.

- Does it matter which team shows up???

From the Valparaiso website:

“Valpo vs. Ranked Opponents: This will mark Valpo’s first game against a ranked opponent since starting the 2016 season with a 50-13 defeat at No. 8/10 Illinois State. Montana was a fringe top 25 team and was just outside the STATS FCS Top 25 when Valpo gave the Grizzlies a competitive game before falling 45-23 to open the 2017 season. Valpo fell 52-10 at No. 17 Eastern Kentucky to open the 2015 season.”

- Valparaiso offense better get some 1st downs……their OLine goes 6’ 4” 305, 6’ 5” 325, 6’ 3” 285, 6’ 3” 315 and 6’ 5” 295. So they do have MVFC size, but do they have MVFC conditioning?

If not, the DLine goes 6’ 0” 225, 6’ 3” 255, 6’ 2” 275 and 5’ 9” 235…….the Rams will be leaning on them……

- NDSU actually had some LB & DB player rotation against Albany, don’t have to look for that this game, can assume it.

- Only 1 true freshman played against the Great Danes, LS Mike Florentine. Who plays during this game? 10 or so RFr played, so they have their chance also for expanded roles.

- Who plays at QB? I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, but imho I would not play Cole Payton in this game. I would save his 4 game window for games that are meaningful, not an expected blowout. True freshman PWO QB’s JJ Woodin & Peter Anderson would look good out there if the Bison go past the 1st two QB’s on the depth chart.
    Cole Payton is one injury away from needing to play a lot during the last 10 regular season games, plus then you have the playoffs……

- If you let me blueprint the game (I know, I know, no one will) I would do something like this. For the 1st 4 touchdowns Quincy Patterson is in and gets a slightly expanded playbook from the Albany game - also meaning he does get to throw the ball some. For the next 1 or 2 TD’s Cam Miller is in - with the 1st Team Offense - and also gets to throw the ball in a regular scheme. I feel it’s important for that 2nd Team QB to get a little more experience with the 1st Team Rams.

If the Bison have scored that much, 5-6 touchdowns, then let the floodgates open on reserve players playing……

Hope there's a good crowd there...remember that those of us scattered across the country would love to be able to go to every Bison game. A packed dome is part of what put us on the football map.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Putting a Mcfeely Blog in this thread has dirtied it. The way he tried to ride the Albany coach comment about passing for a week was way more classless.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Score prediction for today. PAIN
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns