Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3.0

Default Bracketology 3.0

New bracket, lots of shuffling after the mayhem on Saturday...

Autobids:
    Big Sky: UC Davis
    Big South: KSU
    CAA: Delaware
    MVFC: NDSU
    NEC: Sacred Heart
    OVC: SEMO
    PL: Colgate
    PFL: San Diego
    SoCon: ETSU
    SLC: McNeese State

The Field:
    WIU at Maine vs 1.NDSU
    Sacred Heart at SBU vs 8. Colgate

Nicholls at JSU vs 4. KSU
    Idaho State at EWU vs 5. Weber State

SEMO at UNI vs 3. SDSU
    Wofford at NC A&T vs 6. Delaware

USD at McNeese St vs 2. UC Davis
    ETSU at JMU vs 7. Elon

At-Large: JMU, Weber State, EWU, SDSU, WIU, UNI, Maine, Wofford, JSU, Elon, SBU, Idaho State, NC A&T and Nichols

Bubble: Samford, ISUB, ISUR, Towson, UCA, Furman, Chattanooga, Montana State, Montana
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: Bracketology 3.0

CAA could be a mess. Maine wins out and they take autobid if UD loses. Could have Elon, Maine, Delaware, JMU, SBU all at 8-3. How would they seed Maine since they avoided UD, JMU, and SBU on their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    CAA could be a mess. Maine wins out and they take autobid if UD loses. Could have Elon, Maine, Delaware, JMU, SBU all at 8-3. How would they seed Maine since they avoided UD, JMU, and SBU on their schedule.
    If Maine gets the autobid they should play the first weekend. Not saying that’s what the committee will do but it is what they should do.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

JMU playing on Thanksgiving weekend might be my favorite thing about this season even in NDSU wins the natty.

They have been insufferable.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    JMU playing on Thanksgiving weekend might be my favorite thing about this season even in NDSU wins the natty.

Well, they combined with NDSU have won the last SEVEN National Championships!!!! Dynasty!

Just so we get to watch it.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

They should be legitimately worried about just making the playoffs at this point. They've got Rhode Island (who beat Delaware at Delaware) and a ranked Towson team to close out the season. If they play offensively like they did against UNH they won't win either. Their QB situation is an absolute mess right now. Houston benched their starting QB Dinucci after he turned it over twice on their first two offense possession the second one being a pick 6. The backup they put was technically their 3rd string guy who's a true freshman. The next 5 offensive possessions they go FG, 3 and out, INT (pick 6), 3 and out, and INT. After the game Houston said he pulled Dinucci because "I had a gut feeling and my gut is usually right". It would be quite the fall from grace for them to go from being ranked #2 by the selection committee on 10/31 to out of the playoffs by 11/18.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They should be legitimately worried about just making the playoffs at this point. They've got Rhode Island (who beat Delaware at Delaware) and a ranked Towson team to close out the season. If they play offensively like they did against UNH they won't win either. Their QB situation is an absolute mess right now. Houston benched their starting QB Dinucci after he turned it over twice on their first two offense possession the second one being a pick 6. The backup they put was technically their 3rd string guy who's a true freshman. The next 5 offensive possessions they go FG, 3 and out, INT (pick 6), 3 and out, and INT. After the game Houston said he pulled Dinucci because "I had a gut feeling and my gut is usually right". It would be quite the fall from grace for them to go from being ranked #2 by the selection committee on 10/31 to out of the playoffs by 11/18.
    Wow, my gut tells me not to trust people who rely on their gut feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So wait. Mike Houston isn't a super genius?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So wait. Mike Houston isn't a super genius?
    He leads the nation in pregame speeches.