Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts

It really is something what this team does. Week in and week out. Off game was a 17-7 win. Who does that? Who?

Lardsin must go!

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not really game related (I agree with most on not good game and Penquins we're tough), however I keep reading that Pelini is leaving. Where is he going? Or is he just retiring? Reading his biography on Wikipedia he has pretty much done everything in football... I didn't realize his history was so storied. If he is going to the NFL why wait until now or was that part of his settlement with Nebraska?

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Not really game related (I agree with most on not good game and Penquins we're tough), however I keep reading that Pelini is leaving. Where is he going? Or is he just retiring? Reading his biography on Wikipedia he has pretty much done everything in football... I didn't realize his history was so storied. If he is going to the NFL why wait until now or was that part of his settlement with Nebraska?
    NFL is what several say.
    He wanted to bring ysu back to glory and being he makes $125,000 a month now was a great time to do it

He's getting paid however many million from Nebraska minus whatever he gets paid at YSU or wherever he would have ended up. I think he wanted to soak Nebraska for whatever he could for as long as he could and that's why he has stayed in Youngstown for the duration of that contract. His last Nebraska paycheck will come in February, so if he wants to continue with the big bucks he's gone. If he's content, maybe not.

I get the impression he wanted to keep going as a head coach but he was damaged goods after Nebraska, so no good fbs program would hire him. Youngstown was a stepping stone for another big job but now things aren’t looking so good this season. And his Nebraska buyout ends this year...pay cut incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by el coyote View Post
    He's getting paid however many million from Nebraska minus whatever he gets paid at YSU or wherever he would have ended up. I think he wanted to soak Nebraska for whatever he could for as long as he could and that's why he has stayed in Youngstown for the duration of that contract. His last Nebraska paycheck will come in February, so if he wants to continue with the big bucks he's gone. If he's content, maybe not.
    The rumor is his ysu salary is 0

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would an NFL team take another chance on him? I mean he is a loose cannon. Seems to me they would put him where he is very control from the public exposure.

Would an NFL team take another chance on him? I mean he is a loose cannon. Seems to me they would put him where he is very control from the public exposure.
    Not a lot of exposure as a position coach sitting in a booth. If the nfl thinks he has the talent he will get a shot.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 11-04-2018 at 02:55 AM.

Did anyone else notice that Shepherd was in on kick coverage on the last kickoff? I love the enthusiasm and leadership shown by a senior there but I wonder if that's a necessary risk to take with a guy who's such an integral part of the offense within nothing much behind him???

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The rumor is his ysu salary is 0
    My understanding from my NE friends is he had to have a coaching position to get his buy out and his salary would be deducted from the buyout which is why he chose to go to an FCS team so that he could milk maximum dollars out of NE.