Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    To add to this, I would say we've seen an improvement overall compared to our team last year, with a new punter and new long snapper as well.
    Holy cow Ross Kennelly gets down field quick in punt coverage!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    TBH, the block just looked like bad blocking. The formation was super weird, which probably contributed but it looked almost as though Caleb Butler was going out for a pass, he didn't even try to block. The wall fell apart very quickly.
    Our seats are in the North end zone and when I saw how both teams were lined up I said it was going to be blocked. The formation just looked all wrong.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Once again a poor performance by Special Teams. If this team gets upset in the playoffs special teams will be a big part of it. This has been a common theme for a couple years now. How can a team with this level of talent be so avg. to poor on special teams the past couple years? God forbid this staff ever calls for a fake punt, on-side kick, something to change the momentum of a game. A great defense covers a lot of special teams short-comings.

I do think its why teams are able to hang with NDSU at times that seem head scratching. A third phase to this team would move them from really good to GREAT!
    Dude, the team is already pretty much great. This was the first game of the season where the Special Teams struggled. Offensive, especially the receiving corp, also struggled (I credit YSU for keeping the running game in check). Defensively, the Bison were awesome.

With the issues NDSU had on Saturday, guess what happened - they won.

As far as which school you claim to come from, I strongly believe it's the same one that GOBISON123 and Alsen went to, or maybe you all share the same head and keyboard as you guys struggle to say anything positive about the team that has 14 National Championships.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Our seats are in the North end zone and when I saw how both teams were lined up I said it was going to be blocked. The formation just looked all wrong.
    Yeah. Here it is. Basically 3 wide at the top and an overloaded line. It would be as though you were going to do a fake. Backed up to your end zone, you probably want a max protect formation there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah. Here it is. Basically 3 wide at the top and an overloaded line. It would be as though you were going to do a fake. Backed up to your end zone, you probably want a max protect formation there.
    Especially considering the game situation. 1 minute left in the half and YSU with no timeouts. Just get the ball out of there. The only way YSU puts up any points before the half is a punt block or a huge punt return.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    There is nothing wrong with this take. In fact it's very close to what Phil Hansen said after the game. Our special teams had a rough game and honestly haven't been all that special for a while. Punt team needs to get the blocking figured out so it doesn't happen again since we won't be able to count on a spike on 4th down again . FG's looked good so it might just be as simple as the timing is just a hair off. 2/3 of that trio is new and our snapper and holder are just as important as the kicker. I'm sure they'll put in the extra time to get it figured out consistently.

I will say that if we were ever going to run a fake punt during the regular season it should have been Saturday. YSU was set up perfectly for it, but I'm sure the coaches thought we don't need it and will put it in the back pocket for the playoffs. No need to show off to the world that we know how to run one when the defense peels off immediately.
    If his take was for this game only, then I wouldn't say it was wrong. But he said it's been poor all year long and I don't agree with that.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Especially considering the game situation. 1 minute left in the half and YSU with no timeouts. Just get the ball out of there. The only way YSU puts up any points before the half is a punt block or a huge punt return.
    and given that lineup, he could have taken a few steps towards his protection and rugby kicked it.

That whole sequence was puzzling.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    In retrospect, I’m kind of glad it got blocked. We were exposed, and better to have that happen in a win game than when it’s too late to adjust/shore things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    If his take was for this game only, then I wouldn't say it was wrong. But he said it's been poor all year long and I don't agree with that.
    That is my reaction as well. And the problem with the "Nick Saban School" is "no matter what you do I am going to criticize it".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    In retrospect, I’m kind of glad it got blocked. We were exposed, and better to have that happen in a win game than when it’s too late to adjust/shore things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't argue with that. Better to get something on film to correct sooner rather than later. Also, Coach seemed pretty happy that the Bison were actually in a 4th quarter game, thinks it'll be beneficial for the team.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1