Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I talked to a couple YSU fans during the game and they are pretty confident Bo will be back next season.
    Maybe, I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Youngstown played with fury today. Good team in a bad season. Pelini is a better coach than he gets credit for and I really do hope he ends up in a good situation after this season.

Great win!
    YSU ones are every bit as good as NDSUs at just about every position. They remind me of JMU, man they have some players out there. NDSUs ability to rush the passer late in games is such a weapon and they usually can do it without blitzing. Big win, here's to Bruce and Jalen continuing to heal up for a championship run.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    No. He gets paid, plus his Nebraska money. I believe it is his wife that grew up in Youngstown so there’s a connection there.
    (His wife must be a saint)
    https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...9692511e5.html
    Pelini is from Youngstown, wife could be too don't know. But it was the Tressel connection that brought him to be coach there. Not sure if their paths crossed directly at tOSU but they both obviously are connected to tOSU.

Tressel was hired as president of ysu the spring before Pelini got canned at Nebraska.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Pelini is from Youngstown, wife could be too don't know. But it was the Tressel connection that brought him to be coach there. Not sure if their paths crossed directly at tOSU but they both obviously are connected to tOSU.

Tressel was hired as president of ysu the spring before Pelini got canned at Nebraska.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Correct. They are also connected to the Edward DeBartolo family (Bo grew up with the Denise). My guess is that his next contract will be working for Denise DeBartalo in a defensive capacity with the 49ers.

The above info was provided to me by a Youngstown native whose fiance worked for YSU as an assistant women's soccer coach last year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So where in Bison lore will the spike on 4th down go?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Heard Todd Wash was at the game and interviewed on TV. Wonder
    if he thought he could use any of our D linemen in Jacksonville?

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Heard Todd Wash was at the game and interviewed on TV. Wonder
    if he thought he could use any of our D linemen in Jacksonville?
    Don't see many NFL type bodies graduating on the Bison D line this year. Menard has an outside shot as an OLB but even that will probably be an uphill struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    So I was over at the Volson tailgate and ran into the father of the YSU quarterback. I asked him what the sentiment was in the locker room after Bo's post game presser last week. He said "the kids love Bo" and then implied that they were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time. Basically he was letting the media and fans hate him to take the pressure off the kids this week. Reverse psychology if you will.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Bo knows!! I kinda like him after this last meeting with the Bison. Shit..... it's only a game. YSU was a test and a tough out for the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Don't see many NFL type bodies graduating on the Bison D line this year. Menard has an outside shot as an OLB but even that will probably be an uphill struggle.
    Would love it if Stanley Jones gets a shot. One of my favorite Bison players. Very humble. His folks live in Mexico and he has 3 brothers and 4 sisters! What a story coming out of Bismarck.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    Bo knows!! I kinda like him after this last meeting with the Bison. Shit..... it's only a game. YSU was a test and a tough out for the Herd.
    Do you know how to use purple?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix