Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts

I guess it all makes sense, hard for Tressel to fire Pelini if the agreement was he would work free for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I guess it all makes sense, hard for Tressel to fire Pelini if the agreement was he would work free for 5 years.
    No years to buyout at any point though either.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Would an NFL team take another chance on him? I mean he is a loose cannon. Seems to me they would put him where he is very control from the public exposure.
    Loose cannons aren't uncommon in the NFL.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Who won the BV debate on this game—CAS4127 or Bison-4–Life?

I’ll hang up and listen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So that makes CAS what like 1-3 in the head to head debate for the season?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So I was over at the Volson tailgate and ran into the father of the YSU quarterback. I asked him what the sentiment was in the locker room after Bo's post game presser last week. He said "the kids love Bo" and then implied that they were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time. Basically he was letting the media and fans hate him to take the pressure off the kids this week. Reverse psychology if you will.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I had to listen to the game on the radio but when they blocked the punt I thought to myself I bet they had the three upbacks all on one side of the center. sure enough when I watched the replay that was the case. If someone had time I bet if they looked at the film for the past seven years for that alignment you will notice that the punt is blocked almost every time or has been blocked. It is ridiculous that they do that once in a while. I know they are probably instructed to line up that way based on how the defense sets up so this is all poor coaching.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Shepherd was in on kick coverage on the last kickoff? I love the enthusiasm and leadership shown by a senior there but I wonder if that's a necessary risk to take with a guy who's such an integral part of the offense within nothing much behind him???
    Yup. Not a risk that should be taken IMO.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    So I was over at the Volson tailgate and ran into the father of the YSU quarterback. I asked him what the sentiment was in the locker room after Bo's post game presser last week. He said "the kids love Bo" and then implied that they were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time. Basically he was letting the media and fans hate him to take the pressure off the kids this week. Reverse psychology if you will.

Yep, I have heard the term, he is a players coach. Obviously he is not good with the media and is volatile during games but I have also heard that the players love him. His kids came to play Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The rumor is his ysu salary is 0
    No. He gets paid, plus his Nebraska money. I believe it is his wife that grew up in Youngstown so there’s a connection there.
    (His wife must be a saint)
    https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...9692511e5.html
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post

I talked to a couple YSU fans during the game and they are pretty confident Bo will be back next season.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013