Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 11/6 @ New Mexico State

Default Re: 11/6 @ New Mexico State

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Eady should not be playing.
    He actually looked pretty good in the 2nd half except for slow close outs on the perimeter.

what are ur fools thoughts on "vinny"? i know its only 1 game blah blah blah and who am i but im. 99.9% certain there was a much better juco PG available 2 seasons ago at wahp science that dave wiffed on...a guy by the name of james bateman the third

Rough start killed them tonight. I liked how they continued to battle. It will take some time to integrate the new players into the offense and defense for that matter. Thought we got out hustled big time. Rocky stepped up huge and if it wasn't for him this game would have been super ugly. We need Geu and Ward to step up and do big things for this team this year if we are going to make a run. I think they can, its a long season and got time to figure it out. I just hope coach can figure out how to best utilize the talent we do have on this team. Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Rough start killed them tonight. I liked how they continued to battle. It will take some time to integrate the new players into the offense and defense for that matter. Thought we got out hustled big time. Rocky stepped up huge and if it wasn't for him this game would have been super ugly. We need Geu and Ward to step up and do big things for this team this year if we are going to make a run. I think they can, its a long season and got time to figure it out. I just hope coach can figure out how to best utilize the talent we do have on this team. Go Bison!
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Ward, Geu, and Vinny all struggled tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    what are ur fools thoughts on "vinny"? i know its only 1 game blah blah blah and who am i but im. 99.9% certain there was a much better juco PG available 2 seasons ago at wahp science that dave wiffed on...a guy by the name of james bateman the third
    I think vinny will be ok. He needs time to gell with the team. I expect he will look a lot different toward the end of the year and next year than he did tonight. Even if Dave didn't miss him im sure he just got out recruited by Loyola. I think Vinny will be like that young guard from SDSU last year. Horrible at the beginning and a key cog of that team down the stretch last year. At least that is my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I think vinny will be ok. He needs time to gell with the team. I expect he will look a lot different toward the end of the year and next year than he did tonight. Even if Dave didn't miss him im sure he just got out recruited by Loyola. I think Vinny will be like that young guard from SDSU last year. Horrible at the beginning and a key cog of that team down the stretch last year. At least that is my hope.
    fair enough------ill tell ya what i do like slips, i like me some "vinny vega" at the junkyard brew pub in north moorhead! its only one game but after watching 2 minutes it seemed like we were still stuck right where we left off last year, rock bottom

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    fair enough------ill tell ya what i do like slips, i like me some "vinny vega" at the junkyard brew pub in north moorhead! its only one game but after watching 2 minutes it seemed like we were still stuck right where we left off last year, rock bottom
    lol....hey at least we have nowhere to go but up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Cant get out to an awful start and spot good teams a 15 point lead. Rocky was exceptional. Thought Griesel and Eady both looked solid as well. This team is going to have to figure out how to handle defensive pressure better. New Mexico State really came out and guarded aggressively and took the Bison completely out of what they wanted. Also rebounding needs to get much better, not sure what the final stats were but it seemed to favor NMSU big time.

Need to improve and protect the home floor on Sunday.
    Total rebounding 31-47 NMSU advantage
    Offensive rebounding 5-15 NMSU advantage
    NDSU shot the ball 56 times with 27 of them 3 point shots. Not sure that is the ratio we want. Yes I know we were behind but still. Drive to the hoop create contact and make your free throws.
    TO l
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Total rebounding 31-47 NMSU advantage
    Offensive rebounding 5-15 NMSU advantage
    NDSU shot the ball 56 times with 27 of them 3 point shots. Not sure that is the ratio we want. Yes I know we were behind but still. Drive to the hoop create contact and make your free throws.
    TO l
    IMO, we can't match up against a NMSU type team playing Rocky or Deng and the 5, and others at the 1-4. Needed them both to have any shot on the boards. On several possessions, we played D or 30 seconds, had a missed shot by NMSU, then gave up an easy lay in at the rim because our size didn't match up. Too bad that we don't have Spencer to give 5 minutes, instead of playing Deng there OOPositon.

Deng's not a 5, heck Rocky's not a 5. Have a true 5 would allow Rocky to move in and out. Rocky looks like a heck of a player. NDSU will get better, but we are slow and not physical enough in the 1-4 positions compared to a team like NMSU.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The lack of set plays is so gross. It’s basically a bunch of guys running around to see who chucks up the shot at the buzzer. Rarely see anyone drive into the paint and dish for an easy layup or dunk.
    FIFY and not one of these guys can finish at the rim. Not sure how many times we drove to the basket and missed the shot but it was way too many!