Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 11/6 @ New Mexico State

Default Re: 11/6 @ New Mexico State

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Drive to the hoop create contact and make your free throws.
    TO l
    This is what we would all like to see. We have not done it for 3 years, we have complained about it for 3 years on here and until I actually see it happen I will not get to excited. If you can't drive and finish we will just be going through the motions and are going to be a team that no one is scared of.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wellllll I think most of it has been said already but the offense looked awful still last night, the only bright spot in the offensive scheme was that at least in the second half we pushed the ball, got out in transition, took quick shots if they were open and worked for an open 3. That is the correct way to play to try to get back into a game, in years past when we'd get behind by double digits we'd still just grind out the offense and take bad shots and we would look like we were trying to not lose by a bigger margin than actually still trying to win the game. Last night looked more like we are either going to get back into it or not care how much we ended up losing by and I like that style.

Vinny, Ward and Geu all struggled but they'll come around. Rocky was amazing and could have a big season if he continues to play like that. I thought Griesel looked great early and then sort of backed off on his aggressiveness as the game went on, he looks like the real deal though. Eady played well in the 2nd half, I like Horn's aggressiveness to get his shot up and Cook definitely looked better last night than he did in the exhibition. We looked like a young team that is still figuring it out, the nice part is for the first time in a while I'm encouraged by the potential in the talent that we have. We will continue to struggle on the defensive glass with our lack of size but at least the defense leading up to those put backs was pretty solid. Just need to work harder to rebound. Dave has the talent to turn this team into something, whether or not he does is likely going to decide if he's still around next year or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Total rebounding 31-47 NMSU advantage
    Offensive rebounding 5-15 NMSU advantage
    NDSU shot the ball 56 times with 27 of them 3 point shots. Not sure that is the ratio we want. Yes I know we were behind but still. Drive to the hoop create contact and make your free throws.
    TO l
    I didn't watch the game but it sure sounds like the same story as last year. Chuck a bunch of threes when you don't have many good three point shooters

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Wow, big game for Rocky with career high in points (23) on 9-11 shooting and 5-6 from 3. Damn!

I only saw the 2nd half, but what I was watching looked like New Mexico State was out hustling NDSU especially on defensive rebounding. Was happy to see NDSU hand with them in the second half.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The main things for me were: 1) They dug themselves into a deep hole early. 2) Rebounding on both offense and defense was not good. 3) Turnovers continue to be a problem. Couple that with a few missed layups and maybe some questionable shots early in the shot clock and it made the score seem a bit worse than what it was. I think if you even get a few of the rebounds that were missed and and score on the 3 or so missed layups, they're right in the game. Clean up in a few areas the team could win some games. I guess we'll see what game 2 looks like.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The main things for me were: 1) They dug themselves into a deep hole early. 2) Rebounding on both offense and defense was not good. 3) Turnovers continue to be a problem. Couple that with a few missed layups and maybe some questionable shots early in the shot clock and it made the score seem a bit worse than what it was. I think if you even get a few of the rebounds that were missed and and score on the 3 or so missed layups, they're right in the game. Clean up in a few areas the team could win some games. I guess we'll see what game 2 looks like.
    Story of their lives.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    A lot of WHAT IFS---sounds like you could be campaigning for VOTES

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Ward, Geu, and Vinny all struggled tonight.
    IFFFF the past shows us anything on program of late---is that we would be fools to expect different results

Being Outcoached
    Not adjusting playbook to maximize your team's talents
    Not adjusting style of play to attract recruits

I'm sorry if Debbie Downer---but my confidence in Richman is GONE!! I expect guys to not play to their potential....to watch uncreative offense---to watch teams struggle to score with this offense---and lose more games than win-----BUTTTTT to lose games where think---iffff we did that or that better and if that one player played better we would've won TRAP

I predict season under 12 wins; 11-20 WILL that be enough to MOVE ON FROM RICHMAN????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    IFFFF the past shows us anything on program of late---is that we would be fools to expect different results

Being Outcoached
    Not adjusting playbook to maximize your team's talents
    Not adjusting style of play to attract recruits

I'm sorry if Debbie Downer---but my confidence in Richman is GONE!! I expect guys to not play to their potential....to watch uncreative offense---to watch teams struggle to score with this offense---and lose more games than win-----BUTTTTT to lose games where think---iffff we did that or that better and if that one player played better we would've won TRAP

I predict season under 12 wins; 11-20 WILL that be enough to MOVE ON FROM RICHMAN????????????????????????
    The funny thing last night was the NMSU ran the weave offense some of the time. I still am not a fan of it. Run some set plays and execute them. Drive to the damn basket.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.