Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/6 @ New Mexico State

Default 11/6 @ New Mexico State

First real game of the year and on the road. Life on the road for mid majors school is what you do. Game tips off at 8:30 CT 107.9 The Fox will have the broadcast.

2018-19 Preseason Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Poll
    Rank Teams (1st-Place Votes) Points
    1. NM State (7) 63
    2. Grand Canyon (2) 58
    3. Seattle U 45
    4. Utah Valley 43
    5. CSU Bakersfield 35
    6. UT Rio Grande Valley 28
    7. Kansas City 24
    8. California Baptist 20
    9. Chicago State 8

Really tough road test of the young faces on the team. Teams needs to stay together. Rebound and defend well. Stay aggressive on offense and do not just settle for jumpshots at end of the shot clock. With no seniors on the team, this will be our team for two years and lets make some noise.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 11/6 @ New Mexico State

This will be one hell of a first test to see where we are at. If we can shoot a high percentage we will have a chance in this game but a lot of young players in their first D1 road contest under the lights of a decent sized stadium/crowd at NMSU will definitely be a gut check to see what they're made of.

Hate to say it but I'll be surprised if the Bison are even competitive in this one. First real game for a young team full of a bunch of new faces against a very good mid-major on the road. Hopefully they can use it as a building block for success later in the season.

I'd love to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hate to say it but I'll be surprised if the Bison are even competitive in this one. First real game for a young team full of a bunch of new faces against a very good mid-major on the road. Hopefully they can use it as a building block for success later in the season.

I'd love to be wrong.
    Thing I like about games like this is the young guys just don't have a clue. They don't have a clue this is supposed to be an intimidating game. They don't have a clue what playing against big time competition can be. They don't have a clue what an intimidating college atmosphere is like. They just know they need to go out and play ball. And sometimes, that allows them to play more free and just let the game flow. Seems like every game where it's supposed to be really tough, we have a guy that just goes off. Get two of those and you could see yourself in an upset. Regardless, hope to find some positives out of this game.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Bison looked good last night. Lots of new faces that showed a lot of talent deapite being young. The non conference will be tough. It all will be about the conference schedule and then anything can happen in 3 days in Sioux Falls.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

13.5 point underdogs, didn’t get to see the Concordia game. Looking forward to how we measure up. I saw a link somewhere for a stream. Anyone know if it’s free?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    13.5 point underdogs, didn’t get to see the Concordia game. Looking forward to how we measure up. I saw a link somewhere for a stream. Anyone know if it’s free?
    According to Ross Uglem the stream from NMSU is $5.99 or it will be aired on Fox Sports Arizona which I believe you get if you have the sports pack from DirecTV. I'm gonna check when I go home for lunch.

My guide shows it on Fox Sports Arizona Alternate (686-1).
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

GO BISON! It's just 1 OOC game, and doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme of a 30 game regular season, but...BEAT THE MUTHA EFFIN' AGGIES!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

if someone finds an online stream on the dark web please post it. I aint giving $5.99 to Pud New Mexico State!

Spread is 13..... I want to bet on NDSU but I just can't, too many new pieces, will take 5-6 games to gel.

Should be a cool venue/atmosphere though!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?