Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Richman intervew with BisonReport

Default Dave Richman intervew with BisonReport

I had a chance to sit down with Coach Richman for about a half hour and ask him about additions to the program, last season, this season and the direction of Bison Basketball. If you're a Bison hoops fan and you're going to want to check this out.

BisonReport Radio November 1

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dave Richman intervew with BisonReport

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    I had a chance to sit down with Coach Richman for about a half hour and ask him about additions to the program, last season, this season and the direction of Bison Basketball. If you're a Bison hoops fan and you're going to want to check this out.

BisonReport Radio November 1
    Great stuff!!

Thanks Ross, it's nice to get some coverage for the MBB team.

I'll say this about Richman, I think he understands that he can't take anything for granted this year. Whether that turns into results on the court we'll see.... it's obviously not an ideal situation for him to be "in a contract year" essentially without any seniors on a roster.

As far as other updates I hadn't heard Meidinger is out of the year with a "major knee injury" according to Richman and it's the other knee that he injured previously.

After listening to the interview the new guys I'm most excited to see play tonight are O'Dell Wilson, Jordan Horn, and Vinnie Shahid.

Richmond did say that Wilson had dropped 20 to 25 lbs since arriving on campus...I am thinking he is going to have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Richmond did say that Wilson had dropped 20 to 25 lbs since arriving on campus...I am thinking he is going to have to play.

O'Dell AKA "BIGS" is gonna play and he's gonna be the toughest son a bitch we've had down low in years. We need a street bull in there mucking things up and throwing his body around..... thats what NDSU needs!! Lets go!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

After watching their exhibition tonight against Concordia I have serious doubts that Wilson plays this year. He looked slow out there defensively and oh my is his FT shooting awful. I called him "Baby Shaq" due to his build but it applies to his FT shooting as well. It's just one exhibition game though which happened to be his first ever college action under the lights though so we'll see.

On the other end of the spectrum boy did Sam Griesel look good. He's got a great handle for a guy his size and he has the strength to drive through contact and get into the lane even as a true frosh. Postgame Richman said "he's in the starting lineup for a reason" in reference to Griesel. It sounds like he'll play right away and play a lot.

Richman also praised Vinnie Shahid (7 points, 6 assists, 0 turnovers tonight) as his "QB on the court". He'll also have a major role on this team this year.

I fully agree with your take on the three players you talked about. Little worried the weave was still being used last night but since we will be a perimeter team maybe it will work. Rocky looked solid as well. Defensively we still looked slow .
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Wilson will redshirt.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Wilson will redshirt.
    He could definitely use it, we'll just see if he makes it the whole season as a redshirt, having only Rocky & Deng available to man the 5 could be troublesome, lots of minutes in store for both of those guys. Anyone else in line to redshirt? Going into the game I thought Knotek might be the guy to redshirt along side Wilson but based on play last night he looks ready to play right away. Cook really struggled I thought and seemed to be forcing some things, looks like the talent is there but he was just pushing too hard. Based on last night only I'd say he'd be the most likely other candidate but I know the coaches have substantially more to base those decisions on than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    He could definitely use it, we'll just see if he makes it the whole season as a redshirt, having only Rocky & Deng available to man the 5 could be troublesome, lots of minutes in store for both of those guys. Anyone else in line to redshirt? Going into the game I thought Knotek might be the guy to redshirt along side Wilson but based on play last night he looks ready to play right away. Cook really struggled I thought and seemed to be forcing some things, looks like the talent is there but he was just pushing too hard. Based on last night only I'd say he'd be the most likely other candidate but I know the coaches have substantially more to base those decisions on than I do.
    In my opinion they will go with Cook and Griesel and redshirt Knotek and Wilson. There is a chance Cook will redshirt because of Horn's waiver but it's not something I foresee.