Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Committee Rankings

Default Re: Committee Rankings

pointless imo.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    pointless imo.
    On the contrary, I think these are the only rankings that aren't pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    On the contrary, I think these are the only rankings that aren't pointless.
    pointless in only doing it 1 time

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    pointless in only doing it 1 time
    Yeah, it would be better if they did them every week from here on out like the CFP selection committee does. I'm nearly positive they've been voting and conversing over a conference call about their consensus rankings for the last week or two if not more. I think they learned in 2016 when they released their rankings for the first time with, by the selection committee chair's own admission, no discussion amongst themselves beforehand that they need to smooth out the rough edges before putting something like that out again. For the last couple years I've thought their rankings were better than what the STATS and Coaches polls had at the time of their release.

Absolutely pointless. There are 4 weeks left in the season. Who cares who is ranked where right now. Especially if its like last year when the committee basically drew names out of a hat. Bison #1, JMU #2. After that its not even relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Absolutely pointless. There are 4 weeks left in the season. Who cares who is ranked where right now. Especially if its like last year when the committee basically drew names out of a hat. Bison #1, JMU #2. After that its not even relevant.
    Maybe you don't but I'd prefer a little insight and transparency into how the committee sees things right now. For instance I'll be interested to see how the committee ranks SDSU in comparison to the winner of the Big Sky showdown this week between Sac St and Weber St for the #3 and #4 spots.

You're also confusing last year for 2016. Since that initial ranking in 2016 that was a disaster they've done a pretty good job IMO of being fair and putting out a reasoned set of rankings. Like I said earlier, they've done it better than the STATS and Coaches poll have been doing at the time.

Maybe we need to set up a committee to rank the current ranking committee among previous ranking committees?

bingo. just fat guys on a committee trying to prove that they are working or watching. haha

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Maybe we need to set up a committee to rank the current ranking committee among previous ranking committees?
    Now we are getting somewhere!! LOL

Now we are getting somewhere!! LOL
    oh boy.............