Default Re: Committee Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't care that you don't care.
    thanks for your support

after 4-5 it's really a crapshoot
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    New Hampshire is going to have their work cut for them just to get to 7-4 (they only play 11 games this year). They probably won't win at JMU this Saturday which would drop them to 5-4. Then they finish at Albany and vs Maine in a rivalry game and they need both of those to get to 7-4. Really odd to see them at #10. They're #20 in the AGS Poll, #23 in the STATS Poll, and #25 in the Coaches Poll so the committee is obviously seeing something the rest of us aren't seeing (or aren't seeing something the rest of us are seeing).
    had to have 2 from the MIGHTY CAA
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I'm tired of playing the Jack's in the playoffs. Here's to hoping MT can pull off the W against Weber. Ndsu vs MT and JMU vs SDSU would be an awesome semifinal weekend though.
    Well, if the historical pattern is any guide there won't be an SDSU/NDSU matchup in this year's playoffs. They've met in 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018. Odd numbered years FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    does anyone really care as long as NDSU is #1
    ? I dont
    SDSU is a Dome team, considering how they played us in the past and how it took Carson and RJ to create a miracle to win during the past few encounters, I wouldnt sleep on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    SDSU is a Dome team, considering how they played us in the past and how it took Carson and RJ to create a miracle to win during the past few encounters, I wouldnt sleep on them.
    Well, they've came to the dome in the playoffs twice since then, with better teams for that matter, and gotten trucked.

It's kind of strange how worried a lot of you are about where SDSU is at in the bracket. Gives credence to their fans growing egos about them catching NDSU in terms of being a program and that we're scared of seeing them in the playoffs. Send SDSU to the Fargodome in the 2nd round for all I care. If the Bison are on their game, which they tend to be in the playoffs, there's no FCS team including SDSU that can hang with them.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    does anyone really care as long as NDSU is #1
    ? I dont
    Yep... (As others have said) I am interested in what teams may be inline to play NDSU in the Fargodome. On that list, the only "new" team that NDSU hasn't played is Central Arkansas, correct?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Yep... (As others have said) I am interested in what teams may be inline to play NDSU in the Fargodome. On that list, the only "new" team that NDSU hasn't played is Central Arkansas, correct?
    I’d like to see Weber play in the dome. It’s been a few years since they gave us a scare in Utah.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

As much as Fargo media, and people here and on social media want to bitch and moan about the conspiracy theory that they put NDSU and SDSU on the same side just to get one of them knocked off, it simply is not true. The committee has stated that they do not look at adjusting seatings to prevent or cause that. That said they rank the seeded teams 1-8 and then determine the thanksgiving games, leaning on travel and location, after that. 2 years ago, the Jacks actually were on the opposite aide of the bracket. They could have met in Frisco had they not turned on the turnover machine in Harrisonburg in the semis.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Personally, I don't believe anything the selection committee says. You know and I know they don't want two teams from the MVFC in Frisco (looks really bad for their precious CAA). If the Jacks would lose an upcoming game and if the Bison would lose also (Heaven forbid), watch the selection committee throw out their criteria and rewrite a chapter in their book "Creative Bracketing 101"

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Personally, I don't believe anything the selection committee says. You know and I know they don't want two teams from the MVFC in Frisco (looks really bad for their precious CAA). If the Jacks would lose an upcoming game and if the Bison would lose also (Heaven forbid), watch the selection committee throw out their criteria and rewrite a chapter in their book "Creative Bracketing 101"
    How do you "know" that? People see what they want to see. Where was this anti-Bison/MVFC conspiracy at 2 years ago when NDSU and SDSU were on opposite sides of the bracket as the top 2 teams in the conference and NDSU got the perceived easier path to the championship despite being the #2 seed than JMU did as the #1 seed?