Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Committee Rankings

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Committee Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Delaware is 10?

How shitty are the next ten?
    How true! The quality drops off quickly.

In the current Sagarin ratings, there is 11-point gap from NDSU to JMU and 3-point gaps going from 3rd - 4th and 9th-10th.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Delaware is 10?

A fun one outside the Top-10 I am keeping an eye on is undefeated Colgate (7-0). Here is Brian McGlaughlin’s take on it (Hero Sports). Colgate, if they win their last 2 conference games, have a Superbowl game against FBS Army (6-2) to finish the regular season. An unexpected win there would shoot them up the rankings. If Colgate could do well against Army, not winning though, then the debate for a seed is on......

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...ng-report-ajaj

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A fun one outside the Top-10 I am keeping an eye on is undefeated Colgate (7-0). Here is Brian McGlaughlin’s take on it (Hero Sports). Colgate, if they win their last 2 conference games, have a Superbowl game against Army (6-2) to finish the regular season. An unexpected win there would shoot them up the rankings. If Colgate could do well against Army, not winning though, then the debate for a seed is on......

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...ng-report-ajaj
    Only 1 other unbeaten is ranked lower than 7-0 Colgate (#115).

Dartmouth, also 7-0, is Sagarin's #120 team.

Army is 40th and has a record of 6-2.

Could be a winnable game for Colgate.

More on Colgate from Eric Peterson:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/91111...XhS9KE.twitter

Did not know this about the Patriot League:

The Patriot League doesn't allow redshirt seasons (except in the case of medical hardship waivers) and has a 60-scholarship limit. The FCS limit is 63 scholarships. Teams also have to cap their rosters at 90 players.

Delaware is 10?

There are top 10 teams that I would probably take Delaware over...KSU for sure and probably EWU and Wofford as well. I do agree with CAS about UCD, I think they are the real deal and JMU still has the second best defense in the FCS.

I kind of think Delaware was at the wrong place at the wrong time that day, we played poorly against UNA and the team was ready to roll in our first "big test" of the season.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Somehow SDSU will be on our side of the bracket...no way they keep the only team to play the Bison within a TD all season away from us...esp since it’s a bus trip
    According to the official policy, that's not how seeding works. And I suspect that any "conspiracy theories" that the official policy is not really what is used are simply that: conspiracy theories without any basis in fact or history.

I used to think they fudged the numbers on the seedings to group SDSU and NDSU together, but they did put us on opposite sides of the bracket last year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There are top 10 teams that I would probably take Delaware over...KSU for sure and probably EWU and Wofford as well. I do agree with CAS about UCD, I think they are the real deal and JMU still has the second best defense in the FCS.

I kind of think Delaware was at the wrong place at the wrong time that day, we played poorly against UNA and the team was ready to roll in our first "big test" of the season.
    I do not believe that UC Davis is the real deal. #1 they are in the Big Sky and #2 they have not beaten anyone of quality. Their conference schedule includes only one playoff team in EWU and they have not played yet.

Delaware was one of the Bison's easiest victories this year, that score could have been nasty had the Bison wanted to make a statement. I watched the JMU vs Bison final from last year again yesterday. Forgot how close of a game that really was. Those two teams are/were head and shoulders above most all FCS teams. I have to believe that JMU has something in the tank come playoff time as good as they were last year in that final with plenty of underclassman.