Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Committee Rankings

Default Re: Committee Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Didn't you hear? They are the real dynasty
    Yeah they are officially more delusional than JSU fans.

Central Arkansas in a bye position is my biggest issue with this ranking, Montana should be seeded instead. Followed by UNH appearing at all, they’re probably the 4th best team in the CAA. The rest of it isn’t bad.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I am curious where you think they should be? (And this is meant in an honest, non-asshole way.) I could see swapping them with Weber State (which may happen by the end of the year), but I don't know if I would bump them below SDSU.... I mean they still are undefeated in the FCS and playing from a "power conference".
    I think you could make a logical argument for SDSU to be 3 and JMU to be 4. I've said many times over the last 8 years that teams that play us should almost look at that as an FBS game. I know we're not FBS, but I don't know if a team should be punished for that, especially when it comes down to 1 play. SDSU's two losses are against teams that haven't lost yet, where as JMU's loss was to a 3-5 team. If SDSU wins out and JMU wins out I think SDSU would then have the better resume and could jump JMU. It won't happen as the committee will not open themselves up to that, but the argument could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I think you could make a logical argument for SDSU to be 3 and JMU to be 4. I've said many times over the last 8 years that teams that play us should almost look at that as an FBS game. I know we're not FBS, but I don't know if a team should be punished for that, especially when it comes down to 1 play. SDSU's two losses are against teams that haven't lost yet, where as JMU's loss was to a 3-5 team. If SDSU wins out and JMU wins out I think SDSU would then have the better resume and could jump JMU. It won't happen as the committee will not open themselves up to that, but the argument could be made.
    SDSU also has their best win as SIU, they need to beat ISU-R and UNI
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    SDSU also has their best win as SIU, they need to beat ISU-R and UNI
    Yahtzee. SDSU wins to date are very pedestrian and JMU has the better resume from a win column standpoint. Quality losses? Sure, give the funnies the trophy for that

The next few weeks in funny land will make/break their season and only then can we talk about them over JMU. I fully expect them to beat ISUr, UNI could be a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Yahtzee. SDSU wins to date are very pedestrian and JMU has the better resume from a win column standpoint. Quality losses? Sure, give the funnies the trophy for that

The next few weeks in funny land will make/break their season and only then can we talk about them over JMU. I fully expect them to beat ISUr, UNI could be a tough one.
    I agree that if the Bunnies win out they should be ranked ahead of JMU, but I doubt the committee would do the right thing.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I really hope NH beats JMU. Puts them in their place and bumps up SDSU to where they belong, 2 seed, maybe the 3 seed at worst if they win out.

It isn't going to happen, but its nice to dream.