Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Committee Rankings

Default Re: Committee Rankings

New Hampshire is going to have their work cut for them just to get to 7-4 (they only play 11 games this year). They probably won't win at JMU this Saturday which would drop them to 5-4. Then they finish at Albany and vs Maine in a rivalry game and they need both of those to get to 7-4. Really odd to see them at #10. They're #20 in the AGS Poll, #23 in the STATS Poll, and #25 in the Coaches Poll so the committee is obviously seeing something the rest of us aren't seeing (or aren't seeing something the rest of us are seeing).

does anyone really care as long as NDSU is #1
    ? I dont
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ? I dont
    I'm tired of seeing SDSU in our potential bracket.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I tired of seeing SDSU in our potential bracket.
    Well you better hope they drop a game because they're looking like the 4 seed.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Or, just climb into the 2 or 3 slot; Weebs State has to go into UMSU-Missoula branch to play the Griz; tough game, could lose. Three weeks left of the season and much could change.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing that was learned from this I believe, that I agree with, is that quality wins are rated higher than quality losses (no matter the score).

SDSU's two losses are to two undefeated (for this week) teams but a TD in each game.

Weber's two losses are to two FBS teams both by 6 points, but Nevada is 5-4 and San Diego St is 7-1.

Quality wins SDSU has none. Weber has beaten about half of the top 10. Which also says the committee took the lazy way out and gave JMU the 2 spot since they have beaten absolutely nobody with 1 FBS loss to a 3-5 FBS team by a TD compared to Weber's 2 FBS losses.

So out of those 3 teams, what did we learn about the committee? Absolutely nothing since they contradicted themselves or were too lazy to look up the differences between those 3 teams.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    New Hampshire is going to have their work cut for them just to get to 7-4 (they only play 11 games this year). They probably won't win at JMU this Saturday which would drop them to 5-4. Then they finish at Albany and vs Maine in a rivalry game and they need both of those to get to 7-4. Really odd to see them at #10. They're #20 in the AGS Poll, #23 in the STATS Poll, and #25 in the Coaches Poll so the committee is obviously seeing something the rest of us aren't seeing (or aren't seeing something the rest of us are seeing).
    I think UNH benefits from the lack of clarity in ranking after the first 8 teams or so. So many teams have head-scratching loses this year.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Well if the rabbits do lose a game they just be ranked 5 or 8. Our side of the bracket no matter what.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ? I dont
    I don't care that you don't care.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't care that you don't care.
    I'm tired of playing the Jack's in the playoffs. Here's to hoping MT can pull off the W against Weber. Ndsu vs MT and JMU vs SDSU would be an awesome semifinal weekend though.