Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Committee Rankings

Default Re: Committee Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah no. They got their fannies wooped. Their offense has looked like crap most of the season. Their defense is still pretty good but there's trouble in the burg. Houston doesn't have much of a track record of sustained success. He's only been HC 2 other places for 5 total seasons. We'll see if he's worth that big money he got.
    I still think JMU is good but it just goes to show how hard it is to win in a good conference against teams who are familiar with you.

Apparently the MVFC rep on the committee just spent his interview with McFeeley talking about how good the CAA is. So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Apparently the MVFC rep on the committee just spent his interview with McFeeley talking about how good the CAA is. So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.
    Hopefully Delaware is the CAA champ.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

This year I don't think it makes a bit of difference who's on the committee or how they feel about the MVFC/NDSU for the Bison's placement. All that matters is the luck of "the draw" (and even that shouldn't matter much).

It is kind of dumb though how the MVFC rep on the selection committee for the last 5 years has been from one of only 2 MVFC schools that hasn't made the playoffs in the last 5 years.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    With Gubrud out for the season, I suspect they'll beat EWU handily. I think you're underselling Idaho State a bit. San Diego, regardless of scholarship status, has proven themselves in the past to be a worthy playoff team. I'd be happy to be wrong, as I am certainly not tied to UCD being a top team, but I'm pretty confident they're in a good position to win out and get a seed. I suspect they'll continue to win in the playoffs until they run into JMU or NDSU. Versus any other Valley team in the playoffs -- probably be a toss up. I'm content to let it all play out, but I suspect my position is closer to the target at this point than yours is. Fair enough if you'd rather wait to see how they do against EWU though.
    Well, it looks like Davis was not the team you thought they were, 59 - 20!!

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    With Gubrud out for the season, I suspect they'll beat EWU handily. I think you're underselling Idaho State a bit. San Diego, regardless of scholarship status, has proven themselves in the past to be a worthy playoff team. I'd be happy to be wrong, as I am certainly not tied to UCD being a top team, but I'm pretty confident they're in a good position to win out and get a seed. I suspect they'll continue to win in the playoffs until they run into JMU or NDSU. Versus any other Valley team in the playoffs -- probably be a toss up. I'm content to let it all play out, but I suspect my position is closer to the target at this point than yours is. Fair enough if you'd rather wait to see how they do against EWU though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    I do not believe that UC Davis is the real deal. #1 they are in the Big Sky and #2 they have not beaten anyone of quality. Their conference schedule includes only one playoff team in EWU and they have not played yet.
    You sure hit that nail on the head.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Hopefully Delaware is the CAA champ.
    I may be wrong but I think Maine is in the drivers seat and in lone possession of first place. Don’t think Delaware can win it.

Is this the same guy who was on late during the Bison game?
    I did like his logic that, with today’s results* and so few MVFC teams in the playoffs (Bison, Jacks, maybe ISU Blue at 7-4)
    that NDSU-SDSU should be paired in opposite brackets.

*ISU Red, Northern Iowa and Western Illinois all losing

I’m not sure why anyone, let alone the conference’s representative on the selection committee, is accepting the notion that the MVFC is only a two or three bid league.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Seed the Bison at #1, Let the others worry about themselves, Challenge somebody to come into the dome and walk away a winner!!! I hope the CAA gets a pile of teams in and they get whopped the first two weeks. Nothing will change as the polls will favor the CAA teams again next year.