Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bracketology 2.0

Default Re: Bracketology 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    CAA autobid to Delaware?
    It would be them if the season ended today, they have one tough game left at SBU. The CAA was a complete mess to project.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If UND gets in but Idaho St doesn't the entire committee needs to be fired. Into the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    If UND gets in but Idaho St doesn't the entire committee needs to be fired. Into the sun.
    ISU has two issues, they scheduled a non-DI and then they scheduled two FBS games. If you are going to do that, you better win one of those FBS games. Now they are going to have beat Weber State at home which could definitely happen.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    ISU has two issues, they scheduled a non-DI and then they scheduled two FBS games. If you are going to do that, you better win one of those FBS games. Now they are going to have beat Weber State at home which could definitely happen.
    They did practically the same thing in 2014. They had a decent team and they should have been in the playoffs. But they scheduled 2 FBS games and lost both. Played and beat two D2 teams in the other non-conference games. It was a 12 game season. Finished 8-4, with the two FCS loses to EWU and MSU by a total of 8 points. Both were ranked and went to the playoffs. It irritates me that schools will schedule themselves out of the playoffs. I like fresh meat in the playoffs and was rooting for them to make it in that year but it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Meh. In game between the two on a neutral field looks like a pick’em at the moment and they’re around the bubble. Any combination wouldn’t be a crime at the moment (the crime would probably be the quality of whatever third or fourth team unseats one or both of them).
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 11-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Assuming bracketology is if the season ended today, ISU and UND are both 5-3 against roughly similar SOS and ISU won the head to head in Grand Forks. That should be enough. ISU has a win over a not very good D2 team, but UND beat MVSU so that's a wash. No common opponents yet but I'd give a small edge to ISU's record against the Big Sky. No real good wins for either, quality losses to Big Sky #1 UC Davis and Liberty for ISU, #3 Weber for UND. Only reason to push UND on top is if you like their win over SHSU. Maybe I went a little extreme earlier but it's disgraceful how little respect ISU is getting in the polls. Didn't even make the top 25 in the coach's or STATS polls.