Thread: Green and Gold Scrimmage

Default Green and Gold Scrimmage

Starts at 2pm today. Free to the public and will be streamed on Twitter for those that can't make it.

Today will likely show us who the initial starting lineup will be.

Big matches up and down, but 125, HWT, and 141 should be the premier weights.

No Mergen or Franek at 157, Hampton at 141, or Popp at 174-197 today.

Default Re: Green and Gold Scrimmage

My biggest takeaways:

Jaden Van Maanen is going to be very fun to watch at 149.

We're going to be significantly improved at 141 with Gavin Sutton manning the spot this year.

We're going to be much better in duals at 174 with De La Riva (or even Shearer).

We have two good heavyweights. The match was won by Metz in ultimate tie breaker, so I don't think the spot is set in stone. I was happy with both guys gas tanks. Early in the year, ultimate tie breaker, and neither was gassed.

We have some solid depth. Shearer looked solid, Degen can win at 141, Bianchi is an NCAA qualifier who is now a backup, Stibral is a fringe NCAA qualifier and he is a backup for now.

157 might be our weakest spot, but Knutson deserves a chance after manning 3 weights last year. Would be interested to see him and Mergen square off.

This team has some youth, with rFr starting at 141, 149, and HWT. Also has plenty of experience with seniors at 125 and 184, and 3 juniors.