Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The YSU game

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The YSU game

I expect this game to be much closer than last week. YSU will play there best game of the year and make it at least somewhat competitive. Or at least close enough for a meltdown on Bisonville in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I don't matter?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Somewhat on this topic, does anyone know of a resource to look up previous FCS spreads?
    Nowhere that I know of. I've been tracking the (opening) point spreads for all MVFC games this year for the AGS pick 'em though. So far the Bison are 6-2 against the spread on the year. The two losses were North Alabama (-36.5) and SDSU (-8). The opening spread of the Illinois St game was -13.5 so the they covered that but I think as the week went on the spread went above -14 so that one has an asterisk by it.

YSU has the talent. The FargoDome crowd might actually wake them up.

Have they issued a flood forecast yet? Why do we need all these sandbags?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking at the Penguins stats they are mid pack in the Valley in total offense and defense. Their problems seem to be turnovers and red zone scoring where they are dead last.
    I'm not a big fan of Bo, but some old timers like myself might say that a team needs a good ass chewing once in a while. This could go either way. The Penguins could play hard inspired football or they could lay down but I guarantee you that nobody here on B'ville really knows what's going on inside the Penguin locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Looking at the Penguins stats they are mid pack in the Valley in total offense and defense. Their problems seem to be turnovers and red zone scoring where they are dead last.
    I'm not a big fan of Bo, but some old timers like myself might say that a team needs a good ass chewing once in a while. This could go either way. The Penguins could play hard inspired football or they could lay down but I guarantee you that nobody here on B'ville really knows what's going on inside the Penguin locker room.
    Quoted for much truth.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Nowhere that I know of. I've been tracking the (opening) point spreads for all MVFC games this year for the AGS pick 'em though. So far the Bison are 6-2 against the spread on the year. The two losses were North Alabama (-36.5) and SDSU (-8). The opening spread of the Illinois St game was -13.5 so the they covered that but I think as the week went on the spread went above -14 so that one has an asterisk by it.
    If teams played to cover the spread UNI would have punted on their last two possessions. *

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Seems you don’t know who you are responding to—but understood. Vet knows what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only because he happens to listen to me wax eloquent every now and then. He still don't know dick about great music though.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Caught Cole Jirik on the Brake Down on the drive home last night talking specifically about this situation. Nobody knows how the team will react to this. He thinks he might lose the seniors and light a fire under the younger guys, but it could also go the other way. Regardless, we'll find out come Saturday. I'm always nervous about YSU no matter how they're doing on the season. They always play us tough.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.