Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Would the big donors be cool with a guy with basically no P5 experience running the show? It’s Venables job if he wants it. I think CK would be a logical choice as the KSU DC.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Although wouldn't it be just delicious karma if Craig Bohl burned the bridge that could get him a Big 12 job?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Coach Stig would be a great hire for a P5 school.
    Drivers ED?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Would the big donors be cool with a guy with basically no P5 experience running the show? It’s Venables job if he wants it. I think CK would be a logical choice as the KSU DC.
    I think Venables would be a good hire, but there is some history there that has caused some friction. Venables has also said in the past, he's not interested. I believe Littrell is target #1 and KSU will pay whatever it takes to get him.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 12-02-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Matt Wells hired at Texas Tech
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Coach Stig would be a great hire for a P5 school.
    Maybe Gene T will leak KSU in final negotiations with Stig next week.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Chris Klieman is not going to be the head coach at KSU.

Gene Taylor already had to fight to get "not Sean Snyder" as the coach. No way he would take the risk.
    Exactly. Would KSU be lucky to have CK? Of course. But if GT hires him and things go poorly, Genes putting himself on the chopping block. People like gene don’t get where they are by taking risks.

Right after their loss to Kennesaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Maybe Gene T will leak KSU in final negotiations with Stig next week.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think we get one more season with coach Klieman. But if Trey wins the starting QB spot and our up and coming team after graduating 24-25 seniors turns out the take that next step to being awesome as always who knows. He may want to try and get that Oregon scalp in 2020.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Exactly. Would KSU be lucky to have CK? Of course. But if GT hires him and things go poorly, Genes putting himself on the chopping block. People like gene don’t get where they are by taking risks.
    That hasn't been my experience at all. Now, I'm not talking about being reckless, but if you don't takes some risks in life you will rarely get anywhere.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Gene moved NDSU to division 1 when it wasn't a popular decision. He hired Bohl when he could have had Bradley. Hired Kleiman when he could have done a national search for a hot brand. Gene's entire career has been taking risks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.