Page 40 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Lots of reports that Seth Littrell is the guy for Kansas St. K-States message board said its a done deal and has been done for a month. Granted its all speculation, but seems like he is the name being thrown out there the most.

Feel like Klieman will be back next year, but who knows.
    The Snyder decision was made weeks ago. KSU insiders expected the announcement before the KU game. Would have given Snyder a home farewell win as a going away tribute. Snyder is being stubborn so that didn't happen. He's now being difficult by not meeting with Gene. Reports say Gene met with Sean this week and informed him he was NOT a candidate for the job. Complete mess. Reports also had Seth Littrell's agent in Manhattan weeks ago.

In regards to the status of KU and KSU programs, both are well below their scholarship limit of 85. Yes, both. KSU had something like 30 kids leave the program in the last 2 years. SDSU had more scholarship kids on the roster than KU when they played last! K-state is not much better right now. Did I mention they are both a mess right now?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

It is wierd to see how much KSU fans do not want Klieman, don't really get it but I will gladly keep him here.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is wierd to see how much KSU fans do not want Klieman, don't really get it but I will gladly keep him here.
    If they were smart, and maybe they are, they would realize that coaching at NDSU against MVFC teams is probably more difficult than coaching at North Texas against Conference USA teams (Sagarin has the MVFC sandwich between East and West Conference USA).
    Hail the BISON!!!

It's the same dumb shits that yelled DII at us when we beat them in 2013
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coaches that know and can coach defense like Klieman are very rare. He is a better option than probably many P5 coordinators would be

Snyder retirement going to be official on Monday supposedly.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...559545856?s=21
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

I have a feeling we are going to lose somebody.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonp is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find it hard to believe Klieman hasn't had offers the past couple years. I'm guessing he learned a lesson watching Bohl and is biding his time for the right opportunity.

Personally I don't think KSU is all that attractive of a job. They overachieved under Synder. It will be difficult if not impossible to live up to expectations. Though I'm also sure Klieman wouldn't turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Though I'm also sure Klieman wouldn't turn it down.
    $2-3 million a year to work for an AD you know and trust....Yeah, I doubt he would even have to think about it. What is the worst that can happen, you get fired and then have enough money to do whatever you want.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 12-02-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Chris Klieman is not going to be the head coach at KSU.

Gene Taylor already had to fight to get "not Sean Snyder" as the coach. No way he would take the risk.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯