Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1405

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    FIFY
    By running out of the helmet right next to Coach K.
    I want this to happen so bad!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    whats cute is some of those idiots bashing ND..lol I was in laramie in 2016, and I can tell you its makes Williston look like NYC
    I don't understand that either. If ND had one 4 year university it would be FBS and funded like Wyoming.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Yup, that is who I would want for a head coach. I know, he wouldn't be calling the plays.
    Buy low sell high?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This should be a pretty easy decision for Matt Larson. I'm guessing this is already a done deal and we will have an announcement on Saturday.
    That’s how it’s going I think. Worst kept secret since Klieman to KSU started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    whats cute is some of those idiots bashing ND..lol I was in laramie in 2016, and I can tell you its makes Williston look like NYC
    Yea, I can smell, er, see, Wyoming from my house. They're not in a place to talk smack.

Im sure this is pretty much a done deal as we speak, working out some last minute interviews etc.... Im thinking some of the lower level coaches will fill in the OC and DC positons, former Bison on staff etc.. maybe bring in somebody the new coach worked with in the past, same old same old in coaching changes. I look for Entz to be named Saturday, Hedberg OC.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Messingham has to be gone. Hes been an OC for Iowa State.

My personal opinion are Entz and TP are neck and neck candidates (As far as deserving). Vigen should be looked at but no no way should he be hired over the other two.
    If TP is hired as head coach, I sincerely hope ADML turns in his resignation immediately.

Go watch the video of when TP came back to NDSU in 2014. He literally says part of his reason for coming back was due to the fact being an offensive coordinator would allow him to go somewhere else.

Don’t want a coach who views this as a springboard. Granted that is probably the case for anyone applying, but I would have no problem finding a successful coach who wants to be here for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    If TP is hired as head coach, I sincerely hope ADML turns in his resignation immediately.

Go watch the video of when TP came back to NDSU in 2014. He literally says part of his reason for coming back was due to the fact being an offensive coordinator would allow him to go somewhere else.

Don’t want a coach who views this as a springboard. Granted that is probably the case for anyone applying, but I would have no problem finding a successful coach who wants to be here for his career.
    I love your work on the catching Jacobs red handed, but NDSU will always be a springboard. If it is not, then you become like SDSU. We don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

I'm not convinced having a coach who wants to be here for the rest of his career is necessarily a good idea. It often leads to mediocrity, especially in the waning years of their career. Good coaches have options. As has been said on here previously, there is probably less than 10 jobs in the country that are true ultimate destination jobs.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure if this was posted anywhere, Klieman wound up 5th(!) in the Eddie Robinson voting. How does a dude that won 3 titles, 4th on the way, has an undefeated regular season, not get the coach of the year nod?