Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

someday we will need to look at replacing him. When that time comes, I hope to God that we open this job up to a nation wide search. Look internal and external and find a stud. This is an awesome job, at a school that CARES! We would get some unreal candidates.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I hear Bo Pelini might come available soon.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Giving up 12 points to Houston? Its obvious the Klieman has lost the team and was mailing it in, waiting for retirement. Thank god Luke Bacon is taking over. Hey guys, how long until someone comes and steals coach Luke?
    Yeah, Kleiman never changed. After going up 42-6 early in the fourth quarter, Klieman ordered his 3rd string QB to simply run backwards on the next three Bison possessions, surrendering 3 safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    someday we will need to look at replacing him. When that time comes, I hope to God that we open this job up to a nation wide search. Look internal and external and find a stud. This is an awesome job, at a school that CARES! We would get some unreal candidates.
    I'll just say be careful what you wish for, you could end up with a used car salesman like Brewster.

I'd prefer someone with at least a knowledge of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'll just say be careful what you wish for, you could end up with a used car salesman like Brewster.

I think those in charge at NDSU would be able to smell a used car salesman. If they can't, the fanbase would and would let them know it.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post

I think after what we did in girls basketball, we are set! Lets go find a replacement from outside! (ok, sorry. Kidding. Sort of. Not really. we suck).

I do think the Bison football job is a BIGTIME job and we would have an unreal list of great candidates. I think any job should be a national search. Klieman has done a great job hiring. One of the many reasons we are a GD dynasty.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I think after what we did in girls basketball, we are set! Lets go find a replacement from outside! (ok, sorry. Kidding. Sort of. Not really. we suck).

I do think the Bison football job is a BIGTIME job and we would have an unreal list of great candidates. I think any job should be a national search. Klieman has done a great job hiring. One of the many reasons we are a GD dynasty.
    Im with ya. I don't know why people are so dang set on keeping it internal, that immediately eliminates a lot of great candidates.
    College of Business Alumnus

And yet Klieman was not part of a national search. Although I'm not opposed to an open search or an external candidate, there is an inherent problem with a national search due to ND's open records law. You just don't get the candidates you would otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Im with ya. I don't know why people are so dang set on keeping it internal, that immediately eliminates a lot of great candidates.
    I didn't say it had to be an internal candidate. I said I'd prefer someone with knowledge of the program. There are many national candidates that have an intimate knowledge of the program. Bohl is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yep!!!!!! You just make sure during the hiring process you stress how important keeping the traditions are and how that is part of the job.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While I hear what you are saying I prefer a candidate that has been here before. I am not a fan of any job should be national search (did u switch jobs and get an HR degree . We have had ridiculous success with promoting or hiring NDSU guys since the 60's and I would prefer when the time comes that we continue that.

I don't want what Nebraska did when they were 10-2 when they fired their coach and went out to get an outsider and hire a Bill Callahan cause they have sucked ever since.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.