Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah that's not happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up in the NFL again.
    Why not? It would be Hazelton"s first head coaching opportunity, and a step up from being DC at Wyoming. Timing wise, I do think Klieman will be here longer than Hazelton will be at Wyoming.

NDSU is not a step up from being a DC in FBS.

NDSU will probably have Entz as next head coach with Tyler Roehl as head assistant.

Klieman is crazy if he doesn't leave after this year or next maybe, like Craig Bohl said when he left "What more is there to accomplish at NDSU?"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    It would be smart for iowa or iowa state to get chris on their staff imho.

Eastern Iowa already has Little Ferentz lined up, but indeed Klieman would be a much better choice.
    Iowa State is fine with Matt Campbell, unless, gulp, he goes to the Browns (as Campbell is from northeast Ohio).
    Northern Iowa needs to move into the post-Farley ear and I would love to see Klieman in Cedar Falls on the correct side of the field.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If Urban Meyer decides to quit at Ohio State, the betting option right now is Matt Campbell to replace him.

• Urban Meyer, Ohio State — 5/4 (+125)
    • Matt Campbell, Iowa State– 7/4 (+175)
    • Ryan Day, Ohio State (asst.) — 10/1 (+1000)
    • Jeff Brohm, Purdue — 10/1 (+1000)
    • Bob Stoops, (former) Oklahoma — 10/1 (+1000)

I don't know very many folks deep in Buckeye Nation who think Matt Campbell is ready or worth the risk. They want to see Ohio State hire someone who has already won a national championship with a school other than Mount Union.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Money isn't everything....but nobody other than Rocky Hager wants to coach NDSU for life. NDSU was nice enough to provide a photo of him for him to sign for my dad for Christmas a couple years back. My grandma was his childhood babysitter. Looks great in his office.

If Klieman gets an big league opportunity to leave, he's gone. I don't know why anyone would look at that as a bad thing. You don't want a coach who sees NDSU as their forever home, you want hungry guys who want to prove themselves. Being a stepping stone is not a bad thing at all, if NDSU gets a rep as a solid launch point for careers like the Miami(OH) used to have, thats a great place to be. NDSU will never be a destination job, but it can be a great place to swing by for a few years for a coach to go to prove they can keep a good thing going.

Iowa State has had two head coaches leave and win national championships. Johnny Majors and Gene Chizik. If Matt Campbell goes to Ohio State, then Ames is the new cradle of coaches!

Assistant coaches for Iowa State who have gone on to win national championships includes Pete Carroll and Jimmie Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It seems silly for you to think for him and assume his goal to is to retire in Iowa. You know nothing about him. Maybe he wants to retire in Siberia or Arkansas.

It's also silly to assume his goal is to coach at Iowa State. Money would be great but the last time a head coach there had a career winning record was the mid 1970s.

And Kliemans 51. Maybe he never wants to retire. Maybe he cant wait to retire. Maybe he could afford to retire now if he wanted to. It's just silly assuming anything

Have you seen the first FBS Playoff rankings? And have you looked at the Iowa State roster? Matt Campbell is playing young players. Several times per game times when a starting redshirt freshman center hikes to a starting true freshman QB who throws to a starting WR. And there are great young players coming up in the program.

The cupboard is full in Ames.

And so are the porta-potties (the sign of a great tailgate).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Just hope that no one starts a "Who's after Jim Kramer?" thread.
    This is the reason I support research into human cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    I apologize if it's already been said. I think that the next coaching change will be incredibly challenging in keeping this dynasty moving business as usual. It seems like Klieman puts a big emphasis on keeping a staff together. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and takes most of the staff. Id love to see Scott Hazelton come back. When he returned as D coordinator it was a huge turn around for the Bison.
    That is assuming he takes a job as a HC. if he goes somewhere to be a DC then the majority of the staff will stay the same. That being said I sure hope he stays for another 20 years.

Hue Jackson is available. I read today that Jackson felt wronged that he wasnt given enough time to make it work in Cleveland. "Now that's funny right there". I hope Klieman sticks around for a while but no man is bigger than the system at NDSU. We all felt the same when Bohl left. I still dont think that Bohl gets the credit he deserves to this day. You can train a lot of people to run a ship but finding a man that can build one from scratch is rare!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I don't know very many folks deep in Buckeye Nation who think Matt Campbell is ready or worth the risk. They want to see Ohio State hire someone who has already won a national championship with a school other than Mount Union.
    So what you're saying is Klieman to Ohio State?!