Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Typically guys go to the NFL a good bit younger, don't they? Erhardt went at 42. Bradley at 40. Babich at 41. Klieman is in his 50's. I think he could coach a team like Iowa State if he gets lucky, or be a coordinator at a bigger P5 if he can snag it. He might just stay at NDSU a few more years and call it good depending on his spending habits. North Dakota/Iowa(if he retires at home) aren't exactly expensive places. He's not far from retirement age if he's disciplined.
    It seems silly for you to think for him and assume his goal to is to retire in Iowa. You know nothing about him. Maybe he wants to retire in Siberia or Arkansas.

It's also silly to assume his goal is to coach at Iowa State. Money would be great but the last time a head coach there had a career winning record was the mid 1970s.

And Kliemans 51. Maybe he never wants to retire. Maybe he cant wait to retire. Maybe he could afford to retire now if he wanted to. It's just silly assuming anything
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-28-2018 at 05:31 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Bison Way is the only way to consistently win championships. It has been that way for a long time and it needs to stay that way FOREVER! Any new HC had better adhere to the Bison Way or else. (no purple)

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You don't want a coach who sees NDSU as their forever home, you want hungry guys who want to prove themselves.
    I do. Why can’t NDSU be someone’s destination job? And can one only be “hungry” enough to coach at NDSU if they aspire to move on? Maybe that is a question asked during the interview process.. “You will be strongly considered if you view us as a stepping stone to that which you perceive as bigger and better opportunities. Then and only then will we know you stay hungry.”

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Also don't want to assume that he wants to disrupt his kids life again (aren't 2 still in HS?) or maybe they have told him it doesn't matter if it means a bigger inheritance in 30 years?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I do. Why can’t NDSU be someone’s destination job? And can one only be “hungry” enough to coach at NDSU if they aspire to move on? Maybe that is a question asked during the interview process.. “You will be strongly considered if you view us as a stepping stone to that which you perceive as bigger and better opportunities. Then and only then will we know you stay hungry.”

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    I agree in theory but it rarely works that way. Even at the highest levels, whether it be sports, business or whatever, every position is temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Also don't want to assume that he wants to disrupt his kids life again (aren't 2 still in HS?) or maybe they have told him it doesn't matter if it means a bigger inheritance in 30 years?

I would assume Klieman has had conversations with his family about his chosen profession and what that means for their living situation.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    I agree in theory but it rarely works that way. Even at the highest levels, whether it be sports, business or whatever, every position is temporary.
    Especially at the higher levels...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It seems silly for you to think for him and assume his goal to is to retire in Iowa. You know nothing about him. Maybe he wants to retire in Siberia or Frog Balls Arkansas.

It's also silly to assume his goal is to coach at Iowa State. Money would be great but the last time a head coach there had a career winning record was the mid 1970s.

And Kliemans 51. Maybe he never wants to retire. Maybe he cant wait to retire. Maybe he could afford to retire now if he wanted to. It's just silly assuming anything
    He is from there and spent most of his youth, college, and professional years there. Why would it be silly to think he might return to live there once he is done at NDSU? Arkansas and Siberia would be nice cheap places to live as qell.
    College of Business Alumnus

He is from there and spent most of his youth, college, and professional years there. Why would it be silly to think he might return to live there once he is done at NDSU? Arkansas and Siberia would be nice cheap places to live as qell.
    Dude, I'm just saying you dont know. One wouldnt have assumes a UNi guy would come to NDSU either.

I know many people who grew up Fargo and spent most of their youth, college, and professional years here but wouldnt move back from California for any job.

Discussing Kliemans goals is silly IMO

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I would assume Klieman has had conversations with his family about his chosen profession and what that means for their living situation.
    No doubt... I'm sure he also takes their opinions too, just seems like he is a family man, stayed behind a couple years ago to watch his oldest son play senior night... That said 3-4-5 years they'll all be in college... That's when I think things could heat up. Thing is so far he hasn't ever been on a list even other than one or two?? Not to mention he's been here only 3-4 years and just got out from under the shadow of this isn't his recruits etc.

Guess we'll see in a few years I think it'll start coming up.