Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If Urban Meyer decides to quit at Ohio State, the betting option right now is Matt Campbell to replace him.

• Urban Meyer, Ohio State — 5/4 (+125)
    • Matt Campbell, Iowa State– 7/4 (+175)
    • Ryan Day, Ohio State (asst.) — 10/1 (+1000)
    • Jeff Brohm, Purdue — 10/1 (+1000)
    • Bob Stoops, (former) Oklahoma — 10/1 (+1000)

That would not be good for us.

Ryan Day isn't given nearly enough odds there. He is VERY highly regarded in Columbus. If Gene Smith wanted a quick resolution, Day would be his guy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think Chris Klieman would move on for just any old FBS job (like a job in the MAC, which seems to be a fairly lateral move), but I'd bet he wouldn't think twice about moving if he were offered the top spot at Kansas State. Bill Snyder is 79 years old, but he just signed a five-year contract there, and the word is that when he is ready to step down, he wants his son Sean to take over as the head man. So even if Gene Taylor would want to hire Klieman, his hands might be tied. I think there is a general consensus that an FCS coach can't step up and take the head job at at a P5 school without first being an OC or DC, but I would love for Taylor and Klieman to prove that wrong. I'm just not sure that it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Yes! Stig is a huge piece of shit and I'm happy to state that everytime his name is mentioned.
    I am so glad they keep him and think he is a saint!
    The bunnies will be better as soon as he is out

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It has to be someone on this staff now or someone that knows the Bison culture from the Bohl era. This is how dynasties die; when you decide to look elsewhere and change the entire culture. I want someone that has also been studying and picking Klieman's brain especially for defense.
    With that said, Roehl would make a great head coach some day with Grant Olson as his DC. All I care about is someone that understands Bison culture and someone that knows Bison defense.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’d hope for Entz. But seemingly even more important to our success than any coach? Kramer. He’s the one loss I would be really concerned about.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I would guess there could be a shiny DC or who knows, maybe even a HC job at KSU for Chris if KSU continues to slide and NDSU wins another championship.
    Gene Taylor has hired Chris once, I'd bet he'd like to do it again
    Not happening...Bill Snyder wants his son to be the next head coach...Snyder has more pull in Manhattan than Gene Taylor will ever experience as AD (unless Snyder passes away, then the game changes).

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My opinion is Nebraska is the next call for Klieman if one of his connections at Clemson or thereabouts don't materialize. Scott Frost is not going to survive another year if it looks anything like this year.

Klieman would go to Iowa State in a heart beat. Maybe they'd hire from the Mac again.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I’d hope for Entz. But seemingly even more important to our success than any coach? Kramer. He’s the one loss I would be really concerned about.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    I am currently coaching basketball with a former Bison football player and one of our kids asked what we were doing for running tonight. And I said maybe coach has some Coach Kramer conditioning workouts for us. All he would say is you guys definitely don't want that