Page 123 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1405

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I work in a professional firm setting and participate a lot with campus recruiting.

If I told my firm I was going to a competitor that was bigger and that I was going help recruit for my new firm, but still attempt to finish out my run at my current employer, I would be shown the doors immediately.
    Does your employer know you spend hours on message boards feeding your own ego?
    Last edited by Bisonator98; 12-11-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Hearing from a reputable source that either Entz or Polasek will be the next head coach with Entz being the top choice. Trust Matt Larsen folks, we're gonna be alright!
    Lakesbison's Tweet?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Like I said, that would not deter them from taking him, but why not make more bank on it?
    I see your point. But is NDSU or any of its football fans really going to breath a sigh of relief when it comes to losing coach K while getting 1 million? Or is CK actually worth more to the school if he were to stay 2-3 more years? My guess is everyone would say CK. And that the million is not all that significant compared to the coach.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Any reason why in the new contract the buyout wasn't higher?

Not saying that Klieman would have stayed, but hell, why not bump it up to a million and rake in some more money?
    Who gives a shit? JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The pieces are probably falling into place right now behind the scenes in regards to assistants being offered jobs at KSU and NDSU, as far as the guys that are here now. NDSU has to figure out ASAP if they offer an existing guy, because i'm sure they know who CK wants to offer. If it's an internal guy as the HC at NDSU, i'm guessing it'll be Saturday or before. If it's an outside person, then that's a whole different level of crazy in the coaches offices. NDSU has no time to wait, because as far as recruiting at this moment, there is no one that is guaranteed to even be here in the eyes of recruits, while KSU has their head guy in place at the least.

NDSU is the top coaching job in the FCS. WE will get and outstanding candidate. Hopefully the AD is up to the job and can manage this better than the situation with Men's BB.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Who gives a shit? JFC
    With the difficulty of scheduling "money games" with FBS teams, it'd be nice to find bonuses for the athletic department wherever possible. Plus, the next time a coach gets poached it may not go as smoothly as it seems (at least up to the writing of this post) this transition will be.

Think how pissed Bohl must be to build this program to greatness and take 3-4 million at Wyoming only to watch Klieman get promoted and leave for 13.8 million guaranteed at K State???? Now Kliemans challenge will be to BUILD a winning program vs. take over and manage a well run ship. Both take a lot of skill but both are totally different challenges. I guess at age 51 with a 13.8M guarantee, its only as much pressure as you make it!!!! As the Mafia says "He's a MADE man".

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    With the difficulty of scheduling "money games" with FBS teams, it'd be nice to find bonuses for the athletic department wherever possible. Plus, the next time a coach gets poached it may not go as smoothly as it seems (at least up to the writing of this post) this transition will be.
    I thought I recall last time around a huge buyout just makes it more difficult to sign a new coach? Don’t recall if that had to do with Saul or Bohl. Something along the lines of that. Basically, we’re in a spot you kind of want to see your guy succeed and go on to the next level. That’s the way I took it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Think how pissed Bohl must be to build this program to greatness and take 3-4 million at Wyoming only to watch Klieman get promoted and leave for 13.8 million guaranteed at K State???? Now Kliemans challenge will be to BUILD a winning program vs. take over and manage a well run ship. Both take a lot of skill but both are totally different challenges. I guess at age 51 with a 13.8M guarantee, its only as much pressure as you make it!!!! As the Mafia says "He's a MADE man".
    Bohl's anger is likely fractional compared to his assistants that went with him who may have had the opportunity to be head coach of the Bison. Ouch!
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.