Page 121 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1405

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well I don’t know everything anymore because I’m too old now but I do know this: the second place highlight of my trips to Frisco is to witness that collection of multi-generational brotherhood out on that practice field. I get shivers. God how I wish I could be a part of it. I will always believe that those programs that cannot mount such a gathering are doomed to fall against this program in such high stakes contests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot explain the energy and the feeling that takes place when coach calls us all together!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I read that the qb coach the have makes 480 k a year which is more than their oc so I doubt hedberg leaves for ksu. Would be nice to keep him on staff based on how hes done with our qbs

Those posters who are opposed to CK finishing out this run with his kids are telling us a ton about their character and nothing at all about CK’s.

I work in a professional firm setting and participate a lot with campus recruiting.

If I told my firm I was going to a competitor that was bigger and that I was going help recruit for my new firm, but still attempt to finish out my run at my current employer, I would be shown the doors immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I work in a professional firm setting and participate a lot with campus recruiting.

If I told my firm I was going to a competitor that was bigger and that I was going help recruit for my new firm, but still attempt to finish out my run at my current employer, I would be shown the doors immediately.
    Totally different situations. The two are only comparable if you want them to so it alignes with your narrative.

Is there some reason you have to be a total dick all of the time? Whats the deal? You just like being a troll?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I cannot explain the energy and the feeling that takes place when coach calls us all together!
    I’m sure you can’t. I would be willing to bet that the only such feeling that might surpass it is that between combat vets who have shared a firefight or similar life threatening situation.

I love that you guys do it and I am convinced that this is one of those “little” intangibles that will sustain this program across periods of uncertainty such as this one.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

That scenario doesn't and should not apply to all situations. ML made a decision as to what he believes is in the best interests of NDSU. If your employer dismissed you immediately it would be because they believed it was in their best interest.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm good with Entz or Polasek.

I wouldn't want Polasek calling plays but by all accounts he's an invaluable asset when it comes to recruiting.

I really don't want to see us going outside of the culture/tradition.

.....Unless it's Bo Pelini.
    Just because someone can recruit does not mean they know how to coach. Most of the kids NDSU gets are under the radar and have maybe 1 or 2 offers. Yes, were dabbling our toe in deeper waters.. but Polasek is not the answer. His agents are reaching out on a prayer. He had his chance, left and it was a blessing he is gone. Keep him in Iowa PLEASE!!!
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    That scenario doesn't and should not apply to all situations. ML made a decision as to what he believes is in the best interests of NDSU. If your employer dismissed you immediately it would be because they believed it was in their best interest.
    Something tells me it likely is in their best interests to dismiss him immediately.

I’m sure you can’t. I would be willing to bet that the only such feeling that might surpass it is that between combat vets who have shared a firefight or similar life threatening situation.

I love that you guys do it and I am convinced that this is one of those “little” intangibles that will sustain this program across periods of uncertainty such as this one.

A band of brothers.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

This argument reminds me a lot of the "Should Carson Wentz start the 2015 title game?" debate. We seem to have a lot of people who think they know what's happening on the inside here.

Just like with that scenario I'll say I trust those who are closest to the situation. Based on all the comments I've seen from former players and from Klieman himself both players and coaches are on board with him finishing the season. It's clear Matt Larsen is on board with this as well. That's good enough for me.