Page 24 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The word "after" implicitly implies something in the future. It is the actual definition of the word. "after: defined as located farther aft". When used in regards to time, it refers to a time in the future.

I guess someone didn't watch enough sesame street as a kid to learn such complex words as "After"

Goodness Gracious PL
    Hey Elmo, I'm pretty sure Sesame Street was not around when all of us old, crusty "get off my lawn" types were growing up. Frankly, we spent our time outside ………. you know, actually doing stuff.

But even though many of us may have been deprived of this great bastion of learning that you speak of, I'm pretty sure that some of us DID learn, once upon a time, that many words - including the word "after" - actually have more than one meaning.

I know, shocker right?

(Someone's light bulb about to come on in ………….. 3 ...……… 2 ...………..1 ………….)

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I just heard from a very reliable source at Chubs Pub that Klieman has a standing offer at KSU and they are working out the financials. This is done deal people and coach K wont be around by Thanksgiving. I also heard that some of the seniors wont be showing up this week for senior day and may even quit. This is really starting to look BAD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    If Gene rolls the dice and picks a "longshot" coach (and I call Chris a long shot mainly due to his resume not having a lot of FBS experience), I could see it raising eyebrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Taylor will eventually lose his job over this mess, or, hate it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Obviously Gene will look hard at Chris.
    If Taylor hires Klieman, and it doesn't work out, Taylor will be just fine if he loses his job. He is in that "I'm gonna do what I want" phase of his career. He is 61 years old, and if he loses his job over this next hire, he would probably be in that 64-67 year old range before that would happen.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    FCS head coach to Power5 head coach is quite a leap for any AD to make and sell to his/her University. If you are wrong you are gone and probably never get another Power5 AD job. It would take nuts the size of bowling balls and made out of titanium. Now Clemson DC to Kstate and Klieman to Clemson as DC is a interesting thought.
    That's exactly what I posted on AGS earlier. would not be surprised alt all if it happened.

Or CK to K-State as the DC

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    That's exactly what I posted on AGS earlier. would not be surprised alt all if it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    FCS head coach to Power5 head coach is quite a leap for any AD to make and sell to his/her University. If you are wrong you are gone and probably never get another Power5 AD job. It would take nuts the size of bowling balls and made out of titanium. Now Clemson DC to Kstate and Klieman to Clemson as DC is a interesting thought.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Hey Elmo, I'm pretty sure Sesame Street was not around when all of us old, crusty "get off my lawn" types were growing up. Frankly, we spent our time outside ………. you know, actually doing stuff.

But even though many of us may have been deprived of this great bastion of learning that you speak of, I'm pretty sure that some of us DID learn, once upon a time, that many words - including the word "after" - actually have more than one meaning.

I know, shocker right?

(Someone's light bulb about to come on in ………….. 3 ...……… 2 ...………..1 ………….)

Admitting you don't know what the word "after" means.... to dunk on people who... DO know what "after" means..

Damn you guys, how am I going to recover from this sick burn
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    YOU sure fall apart pretty easily, but your nonsensical ramblings are always amusing when you do!!! Fits doesn't it!
    Good God Man, take your medication! Telling people they are WRONG??? Who in the heck do you think you are?
    Telling people to work on their reading comprehension? The constant insults are uncalled for. Listen to your friend unbison, & lighten up.
    YOU have no idea if anyone is "After the Coach" at this juncture, or any other juncture for that matter. As if PL knows. What a joke.
    For your inf, I have 4 other Pats in my phone. Two are relatives. The only reason you were in my contacts is because YOU CALLED me about GRIZ tickets. That's why you were in there in the first place. When you continually come off with your "Better than thou attitude" you're right... I won't disappoint.
    if PL is being a Dick to Fanette on a public forum... then the shark has jumped the tank & he should be committed. www.prairie.com
    She is the sweetest person ever. wow.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If you are Gene Taylor why not hire the son but put him on a short leash? K-State football sucks right now and if he can't improve things within a few years, cut him loose and go hire your guy at that point. You could say you gave the legacy hire a shot, but by then the Snyder worship will have died down and the fanbase will be more inclined to welcome an outside hire?

That seems like the sound long term play to me. Maybe Taylor doesn't have that kind of time to let things play out?

His son is a special teams coach. He isn't getting the job.

There is a very good 10 minute video on youtube that the K State media did on the top 10 candidates. It lists all of the guys that this site has probably listed. #1 was Chris and they made it sound like a no brainer. This is a legit concern, and if he decides to take the opportunity if it were to come, then CONGRATS...he has earned it. Expectations are crazy high, and he has been brilliant. Hopefully if this happens, there is some way to do it professionally this time. Gene understands that I am sure after dealing with it. Hopefully SCott Frost doing it last year maybe is a better example of how to do it.

Until then, this week is all about the seniors who committed to Chris, Tyler, Nick and the small staff who stayed. They have truly been amazing. Congrats to the kids. That is what this is all about.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Finally, my gut feel...I don't think Snyder retires. I think he will get grumpy his son won't get it, so he will want to stay on. Crazy situation. Gene didn't take a bigtime job to not have the final say.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.