Page 125 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1405

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Don't disagree with that, but this is THE PREMIER job in FCS football. NDSU has bargaining power here. JMU just got $750k, NDSU got $150k. The buyout should be more.
    BAH. NDSU is not going to lose head coaches to any other FCS programs, and any buyout isn't going to stop any FBS programs from hiring them away. So what does the bigger buyout get you? A few thousand more maybe once or twice a decade? Seems like poor financial planning for the athletic department.

https://youtu.be/0KRga2rQ_Zk?t=294

Gene Taylor
    "Some of the reasons as candidates fell off weren't accurate at all"

*Looking at you Seth Littrell*

Followed up by question specifically about requiring candidates to retain existing staff.

I pulling for Entz.

That being said, I hope Gene Taylor's next move is to schedule Wyoming and K-State.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    BAH. NDSU is not going to lose head coaches to any other FCS programs, and any buyout isn't going to stop any FBS programs from hiring them away. So what does the bigger buyout get you? A few thousand more maybe once or twice a decade? Seems like poor financial planning for the athletic department.
    What is the downside of increasing the buyout to a reasonable (i.e. 500k) amount?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    What is the downside of increasing the buyout to a reasonable (i.e. 500k) amount?
    Sure go ahead and start there in negotiations but it'd be one of the first things to offer to cut. Seems like you're in a bad place as a program if you're trying to tie a financial anchor to your coach to keep him from leaving.

My question, is the HC at NDSU a better job than OC or DC at KSU? I might’ve said no a week ago, but now that CK has proven you can make the jump to P5? Salaries from what I can tell are about the same. From a resume standpoint, guess it depends whether you want HC experience or P5. So if Entz was offered DC at KSU would he necessarily take it? Worked pretty good for Klieman turning down DC at Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Think how pissed Bohl must be to build this program to greatness and take 3-4 million at Wyoming only to watch Klieman get promoted and leave for 13.8 million guaranteed at K State???? Now Kliemans challenge will be to BUILD a winning program vs. take over and manage a well run ship. Both take a lot of skill but both are totally different challenges. I guess at age 51 with a 13.8M guarantee, its only as much pressure as you make it!!!! As the Mafia says "He's a MADE man".
    FYI, it’s 16.8 million. 2.3+2.5+2.7+2.9+3.1+3.3=16.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://youtu.be/0KRga2rQ_Zk?t=294

Gene Taylor
    "Some of the reasons as candidates fell off weren't accurate at all"

*Looking at you Seth Littrell*

Followed up by question specifically about requiring candidates to retain existing staff.
    What I got from that was Snyder made damn sure his assistants would be taken care of one way or another when he decided to shut it down. CK is going to have FIREWORKS everywhere if he doesn't retain some of them.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sure go ahead and start there in negotiations but it'd be one of the first things to offer to cut. Seems like you're in a bad place as a program if you're trying to tie a financial anchor to your coach to keep him from leaving.
    I don't know what the rules are. Can use buyout money on the next staff? Like hey new coach I have a lot of KSU money I want to spend on you and your staff, but if you walk in the first couple years its going to suck for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    My question, is the HC at NDSU a better job than OC or DC at KSU? I might’ve said no a week ago, but now that CK has proven you can make the jump to P5? Salaries from what I can tell are about the same. From a resume standpoint, guess it depends whether you want HC experience or P5. So if Entz was offered DC at KSU would he necessarily take it? Worked pretty good for Klieman turning down DC at Wyoming.
    I'll bet they could dig in the couch cushions for a little more money now that we have to compete with P5 assistant salaries for at least 2 candidates.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯