Page 122 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1405

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I work in a professional firm setting and participate a lot with campus recruiting.

If I told my firm I was going to a competitor that was bigger and that I was going help recruit for my new firm, but still attempt to finish out my run at my current employer, I would be shown the doors immediately.
    Yes and so that tells us a lot about the character of your leaders. Back in late 2002 I resigned from an enterprise where I reported directly to one of the partners. I was taking a position as a C level exec of a direct competitor in the same town. I was in a position to not only monitor but also modify (and/or steal) data that would be critical not only to competitive advantage but also to regulatory oversight.

I was not only not walked out the door but rather asked to finish out the calendar year.

I believe I am a very good judge of character and while I have never met Chris Klieman personally I have seen/heard enough of him to believe that he is as authentic and genuine a person as any of us would ever want to know. His integrity is beyond reproach as far as I am concerned. Apparently the leadership of North Dakota State University agrees with me on this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Any reason why in the new contract the buyout wasn't higher?

Not saying that Klieman would have stayed, but hell, why not bump it up to a million and rake in some more money?

My take on this topic:
    NDSU probably wants him to stick around, but if they didn't, NDSU is stuck with keeping him on for the playoff run. What if he decides to take most of the assistants. They'd have a patchwork staff for a title run. So if CK and KSU are good with him coaching through the playoffs then NDSU about has to let him do it.

On the KSU side. I'm sure KSU would rather have CK start full time right away. Other than this coaching change no one is talking about KSU football right now. Let him coach and they get big time publicity on ESPN praising their incoming coach, possibly twice. You know KSU fans will watch to see what their new coach is about and the play by play guys will praise CK and NDSU half the game. Let ESPN do the Public Relations. (on that note, he better win. Friday will be their 1st impression)

That's a great point. You'll have pretty much all KSU fans watching on Friday and down in Frisco. Win win for everyone.

Not saying that Klieman would have stayed, but hell, why not bump it up to a million and rake in some more money?
    I would assume that this was part of the negotiations between Klieman's agent and Larsen. If they raise the buyout they probably would've had to bump up his base pay. FWIW, it was cleared up by Bruce Feldman yesterday that Neal Brown's buyout at Troy was $300k (not $3M as what kept getting thrown around) and will go down to $200k this February. Mike Norvell's buyout at Memphis was $500k. Houston at JMU did have a $1M buyout for P5 schools. I would expect the new coach's buyout will be a bit higher than $150k though.

One million is nothing to a school like KSU or any other school in a P5 conference. Just look at the millions Nebraska paid Bo. It does nothing to keep a big school from going after him and no one NDSU has no worries with another FCS school from taking him since NDSU is the premier job at this level.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    One million is nothing to a school like KSU or any other school in a P5 conference. Just look at the millions Nebraska paid Bo. It does nothing to keep a big school from going after him and no one NDSU has no worries with another FCS school from taking him since NDSU is the premier job at this level.

Like I said, that would not deter them from taking him, but why not make more bank on it?

No surprises with Larson's presser; sounds like he wants this done quickly, ideally this week.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No surprises with Larson's presser; sounds like he wants this done quickly, ideally this week.
    Hopefully as quick as he was getting that press conference over with.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

News Flash......NDSU has broken off talks with me about taking the coaching job due to my company have a $20.00 buyout for my services.........dang it.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?