Page 95 of 141 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Every single post you have made is semi in denial of this happening or walking along the lines of delusion that he would actually turn it down.

It’s 50/50 at worst right now that it will happen. Klieman is likely gone...
    at no time did I argue he wouldn't take it. I'm stating that the money is probably the only upside, which to me is no upside.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    at no time did I argue he wouldn't take it. I'm stating that the money is probably the only upside, which to me is no upside.
    You’re a complete idiot....

You don’t see any upside to “head coach of P5 school” title? Win there, and you can go anywhere you want. Lose and you have a P5 resume and can be a D coordinator pretty much anywhere, making more money and having substantially less responsibility as being a head coach.

Hell worst case scenario is you fail miserably and come back home to NDSU as a very rich man and spend the rest of your career back here in some capacity.

And if he wants any sniff at Iowa in the future, this is how he makes it there.

There is no downside to this. None. Failing is not going to make him any less attractive as a coach.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    nothing about it on the ck show...is that bad or good?
    Hmmm, well CK isn’t reassuring Bison Nation by staying mum.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

You’re a complete idiot....

You don’t see any upside to “head coach of P5 school” title? Win there, and you can go anywhere you want. Lose and you have a P5 resume and can be a D coordinator pretty much anywhere, making more money and having substantially less responsibility as being a head coach.

Hell worst case scenario is you fail miserably and come back home to NDSU as a very rich man and spend the rest of your career back here in some capacity.

And if he wants any sniff at Iowa in the future, this is how he makes it there.

There is no downside to this. None. Failing is not going to make him any less attractive as a coach.
    I'm not going to call you any names today, your posts speak for themselves.

There's a reason Snyder is coaching into his 70's. The last time he retired they had a guy named Ron Prince, a name that still gets you the stink eye in Manhattan. Whomever is the new coach will have a ridiculously short leash and Snyder peering over their shoulder the entire time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Yeah, he's probably going to take the job. Good for him. I said earlier I don't really care if he leaves, even today. No way he can coach any more after it's announced, he has to convince these KSU recruits that what they heard about him on Twitter is wrong.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Considering how many contacts GT has kept with Bison supporters and the fact he comes up to lakes country most summers to visit, not would not surprise me at that he does have contact with them to gauge interest from ck.

I also see money as the only upside. There are too many factors working against him there. Snyder, Kansas hiring Les Miles, etc. I wish him the best if he gets it. He deserves to get paid. I just think that if his ultimate goal is to replace Ferentz at Iowa, that he should stay here until he gets a better opportunity. If he would have gotten the Colorado job, that would be a different story. That looks like a much better opportunity to build a resume than KSU at this point.

Yeah, he's probably going to take the job. Good for him. I said earlier I don't really care if he leaves, even today. No way he can coach any more after it's announced, he has to convince these KSU recruits that what they heard about him on Twitter is wrong.
    I doubt that....you’ve been on Bisonville from the moment you woke up lol.

I doubt that....you’ve been on Bisonville from the moment you woke up lol.
    If you think that wins you an argument I'm not trying to have, cool.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯