Page 124 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1405

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I thought I recall last time around a huge buyout just makes it more difficult to sign a new coach? Don’t recall if that had to do with Saul or Bohl. Something along the lines of that. Basically, we’re in a spot you kind of want to see your guy succeed and go on to the next level. That’s the way I took it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't disagree with that, but this is THE PREMIER job in FCS football. NDSU has bargaining power here. JMU just got $750k, NDSU got $150k. The buyout should be more.

OK. hang on. I'm gasping for air this is so fucking funny.

Klieman gives it a go for 3 or 4 years and replaces Farley.
    I like it. Klieman is just using K-State to position himself for the UNI job. Frankly, it is not a crazy scenario. Expecting anyone to succeed in the shadow of Bill Snyder is probably a bigger stretch. It might not be his intention, but I could see it happening.
    CyPanth contributes to preposterous statements while on his own home board.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Think how pissed Bohl must be to build this program to greatness and take 3-4 million at Wyoming only to watch Klieman get promoted and leave for 13.8 million guaranteed at K State???? Now Kliemans challenge will be to BUILD a winning program vs. take over and manage a well run ship. Both take a lot of skill but both are totally different challenges. I guess at age 51 with a 13.8M guarantee, its only as much pressure as you make it!!!! As the Mafia says "He's a MADE man".
    Ha just talked to a Wyoming alumnus today....said he doubts Bohl cares because he already makes a lot of money at Wyoming and likes his job haha.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Don't disagree with that, but this is THE PREMIER job in FCS football. NDSU has bargaining power here. JMU just got $750k, NDSU got $150k. The buyout should be more.
    If buyouts are too big, its sometimes difficult to get a coach to sign. Was the buyout low? Yeah but we also kept Klieman for 5 years. JMU only 3 and it was a complete cluster fuck. That 150 grand will come in useful and we already pay well for our level

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    The pieces are probably falling into place right now behind the scenes in regards to assistants being offered jobs at KSU and NDSU, as far as the guys that are here now. NDSU has to figure out ASAP if they offer an existing guy, because i'm sure they know who CK wants to offer. If it's an internal guy as the HC at NDSU, i'm guessing it'll be Saturday or before. If it's an outside person, then that's a whole different level of crazy in the coaches offices. NDSU has no time to wait, because as far as recruiting at this moment, there is no one that is guaranteed to even be here in the eyes of recruits, while KSU has their head guy in place at the least.
    If nothing happens by next Monday they can actually pump the brakes a bit on the rush since that's when the recruiting dead period starts and no contact is allowed until January 10th. That's actually another difference between this transition and the Bohl to Klieman transition. Back then the dead period was shorter I think and only covered the week around Christmas whereas now, with the early signing day, it's extended a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    OK. hang on. I'm gasping for air this is so fucking funny.

CyPanth contributes to preposterous statements while on his own home board.
    He's a cyclone fan. Period. He donates to ISU. Not UNI. He has season tickets at ISU. Not UNI. The only reason he follows uni is his daughter was a swimmer at uni a few years back.

Ignore literally everything that guy posts.

Also him and lakes are BFFs. Not a joke.

Going back to hiding now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    He's a cyclone fan. Period. He donates to ISU. Not UNI. He has season tickets at ISU. Not UNI. The only reason he follows uni is his daughter was a swimmer at uni a few years back.

Ignore literally everything that guy posts.

Also him and lakes are BFFs. Not a joke.

Going back to hiding now.

LOL. He's a walking dad joke. He's fun but harmless. You really let him have it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    NDSU is the top coaching job in the FCS. WE will get and outstanding candidate. Hopefully the AD is up to the job and can manage this better than the situation with Men's BB.
    Apples to oranges sport but Richman didnt keep anything the same. His whole offense is chucking threes. No such thing as a jump shot anymore

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    LOL. He's a walking dad joke. He's fun but harmless. You really let him have it.
    You saw that?

He and I have had words before but this is the first time I've let "clenz" at him, even if extremely held back at that. For him to lecture me on what it means to be a real Panther fan set me off.

He lives in a completely different universe but somehow portals into our universe to post. I don't get it.

In general he means well enough. Doesn't make it less dumb

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If buyouts are too big, its sometimes difficult to get a coach to sign. Was the buyout low? Yeah but we also kept Klieman for 5 years. JMU only 3 and it was a complete cluster fuck. That 150 grand will come in useful and we already pay well for our level
    Well while all true, we can also demonstrate that our coaches move up to fbs to include p5 programs that there is worth a bit more $$$$ on the buyout. I would think you will see it increase some.