Page 64 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This will be a Sunday announcement I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tomorrow night more likely if it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I'm pretty stunned that Vanables and Leavitt aren't in the running for ksu.
    hard to to move venables as he is DC who is making well over a $ 1million plus he lives in Clemson SC...(small town where cost of living is low)

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a small chance that Klieman doesn’t need the money and would feel Snyder’s assistants just won’t cut it for what Chris wants to do with the team. The whole thing will be too much of a hassle and will ultimately pass.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No way we repeat the Bohl scenario, do we? I’m guessing he’s done if it is announced.

Really the Bohl scenario prepared us for more of this. It is what it is. Unfortunately, the fcs playoff timing couldn’t be worse.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just a thought for the "stay in house" posters. NDSU basketball stayed in house 1 to many times and the program cratered.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    There is a small chance that Klieman doesn’t need the money and would feel Snyder’s assistants just won’t cut it for what Chris wants to do with the team. The whole thing will be too much of a hassle and will ultimately pass.
    He’s gone if offered. The money and there’s the intrigue of another challenge. He obviously has made his current gig look easy (not that it is).

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    You guys are acting as if he's already gone. While I agree that he wouldn't and shouldn't turn it down, I still have my doubts they will hire him.

If they do, I think it's one of the best possible scenarios for NDSU. It appears he won't be able to take everybody with him, and it makes NDSU's job that much more attractive. NDSU will be able to have their pick of any FCS level coach for the next decade at least.
    I wouldn't bank on that.

Patrick Reusse is on fire... And you guys think the Forum is tough on us...

Strong rumors that Phil Fleck has interest in replacing Chris Klieman at North Dakota State in order to take a step up on coaching ladder.
    https://twitter.com/Patrick_Reusse/s...84778852630535
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This will be a Sunday announcement I’m guessing.

Absolutely. And things will be fine unless Matt Larson tries to reinvent the wheel. In a perfect world, Klieman brings some of his coaches but not all. We offer Entz and up the salary. Entz keeps systems in place and we keep rolling. Klieman stays through Frisco and we retain 90% of the recruiting class and continue the dynasty.

Kstate d Coordinator makes 440,000 so we would have to up the pay. Klieman is pushing 500k with media and bonuses

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    No way we repeat the Bohl scenario, do we? I’m guessing he’s done if it is announced.

Really the Bohl scenario prepared us for more of this. It is what it is. Unfortunately, the fcs playoff timing couldn’t be worse.

This could be different though if CK isn't able to bring his whole staff with him. If an internal hire is the the direction we go, hopefully things would go smoother. Also, lets face it, the semi final against the Jacks is basically for the national championship. Hopefully he can stay for that to get us the W.