Page 62 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Definitely deserves a look.
    Same with Jeff Choate. Like him. Dan Hunt from Colgate also sounds like a good guy.

Wouldn't mind bringing in a successful HC from another program.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bob Nielson is another intriguing possibility. He has been "adaptable" in his approach to offense in the past; I would not assume he'd try to upend NDSU power football.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Polasek vs Entz would be pretty neck and neck IMO
    Agreed....

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Same with Jeff Choate. Like him. Dan Hunt from Colgate also sounds like a good guy.

Wouldn't mind bringing in a successful HC from another program.
    Not a big fan of bringing in an East coast or a West coast guy. Need to have someone that has tires to a more local recruiting footprint. Not that I don't appreciate those 2 guys approaches.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bob Nielson is another intriguing possibility. He has been "adaptable" in his approach to offense in the past; I would not assume he'd try to upend NDSU power football.
    Whats his career record in Division 1? 31-45 at WIU and USD. I want nothing to do with that at the age of 59.

Give me Mallory who went from 0-11 to 7-4 in one year at ISU-B and is only 49.

It would be interesting to know if it was just the younger Snyder staying on that that was the hold-up that caused Littrell to withdraw his name from consideration of if there were more assistants that he was told he would have to "adopt". I don't see how Klieman can possibly say no to this but hopefully this leaves the Entz/Messingham/Hedberg types behind.

Assuming Klieman will take at least one coordinator with him I'd hope for the other coordinator to take on the head coach job with a guy like Riley as the OC and a guy like Goeser as the DC. After that retaining Hedberg and Roehl would just be icing. An opening on the defensive side of the ball will open the door for Grant Olson to return which I think would be a silver lining to all of this as well.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

McFeely tweets "no comment" from CK and Larson...if this is a rumor, they would have had to squash it right there...right?
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No thanks.

I hope we can get some of the staff. The guy I hope we keep is riley. Look at how our line completely dominates year in year put. That has as much reason for our success than any.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    McFeely tweets "no comment" from CK and Larson...if this is a rumor, they would have had to squash it right there...right?
    No comment is code for hes been offered

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com