Page 61 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    You don’t just limit yourself by hiring within. Doesn’t hurt to see who’s all interested. Can’t just hire an NDSU guy to hire an NDSU guy.

Also, the arrogance of the KState people on Twitter is funny. They must have forgot we beat them in 13’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The way the program is rolling and with the early signing date you need to promote from within if you can. You don't have time for a lengthy search.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about Curt Mallory of Indiana St? I think he would be a great candidate if we look outside the program. He has ties to our system coaching Wyoming under Bohl (bringing Grant Olson). If he can win at Indiana St, what could he do here

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Polasek should be in the discussion. Other than having the misfortune of having to be OC with all the scrutiny that comes with it, he's a pretty great example of the values the program prides itself on. Also a great recruiting in Wisconsin.

Entz would be right there as a candidate as well. Another DC promoted to HC and strong Twin Cities recruiter.

I honestly could see either as HC at NDSU. If it is Polasek, I think some fans should take a breath and keep an open mind.

Or open up the search and hire from the outside if you can find an excellent candidate who fits the system. More or a gamble, but why not see the type of talent this position could bring in?
    From conversations I had with players while Tim P. was here, great rah rah guy but to say he is a high value guy is a bit misleading. He made some very questionable decisions when he was hear that rubbed players and some parents the wrong way. It had nothing to do with playing time. All handling of off the field stuff. I for one was happy the day he left and would be very concerned with what we would get with him as a head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Larson's first choice would be Entz or Messingham.

Polasek is set to make $355K next year in Iowa so probably not going to be in the discussion.
    If his plans are to move into a head coaching position, Polasek would be foolish not to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    How about Curt Mallory of Indiana St? I think he would be a great candidate if we look outside the program. He has ties to our system coaching Wyoming under Bohl (bringing Grant Olson). If he can win at Indiana St, what could he do here
    Definitely deserves a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    From conversations I had with players while Tim P. was here, great rah rah guy but to say he is a high value guy is a bit misleading. He made some very questionable decisions when he was hear that rubbed players and some parents the wrong way. It had nothing to do with playing time. All handling of off the field stuff. I for one was happy the day he left and would be very concerned with what we would get with him as a head coach.
    I don't remember the player, but thought he said some very blunt things in the media about a player leaving the program? Don't know the inside story, but this would be a valid concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I would take Tyler Roehl in a heartbeat for headcoach.

He’s Bison through and through.
    I like Roehl too, but no chance that happens. Zero head coaching or experience and hasn't even been an Offensive Coordinator yet.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I like about TP is his strong work ethic and the passion he showed. Came to ndsu with nothing, no promises and worked his way up the ladder. No idea if he’d be a good head coach but I respect the guy.

Also, not everyone loves every coach. Just because some players were mad about something doesn’t keep the guy from being a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I don't know how long an outside hire would take. He is probably already getting inquiries.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    I like Roehl too, but no chance that happens. Zero head coaching experience.
    Agree. Would love to see him stay on with the staff, but not as HC.