Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Very strange indeed. I wonder if Snyder has a say with these candidates..
    Venables making over $ 1 million a year living in Clemson SC......hard to pry him from there...

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    worried about Texas, hell we have 10 or 11 guys from Florida.. how many does K state have?
    Oh yeah, what's your counter argument for the claim that he sucks "big time"?

There's a reason these other guys are turning this thing down. Not sure I would want this gig either with Snyder staring over your shoulder.

Works for me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Works for me.
    Yep. Same.

My short experience with that fanbase kind of leads me to believe they are pretty garbage.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Per Football Scoop, K-State zeroing in on Coach K. It's happening.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source...chris-klieman/
    Why are we talking about this, its not happening. /Purple.

If this goes down it's almost a certainty the bulk of the staff is going with. Mess and Entz are childhood friends and almost everyone has been together since the beginning, pretty tight knit group. Even Kramer would be at risk with his relationship with Klieman. The fact he stayed when Bohl left probably had a lot to do with Klieman being named the HC.

Hope Larson has a plan in place. He should have been preparing for this the last three years.

If we had to lose Klieman, Him going to Kstate would be about a best case scenario. Gene has been through the transition at our level and maybe I am naive but I don't think he would do anything to hurt us. There would be a very large pool of assistants that Klieman could pull from hopefully leaving some here for a smoother transition.

The biggest one is if Klieman succeeds at K state it just makes the NDSU job that much more desirable down the road as it shows you can jump from NDSU to P5.

Since my biggest concern is keeping our recruiting class intact through signing day. Question I have as I don't follow twitter, is this class pretty tight and have a few leaders that can lean on each other and keep it together through a new coach signing the way we had with this senior class during the last coaching transition?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There's a reason these other guys are turning this thing down. Not sure I would want this gig either with Snyder staring over your shoulder.
    Are we sure they are turning it down or was klieman the top guy all along. Seems weird a guy wouldn't leave unt for ksu

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    If this goes down it's almost a certainty the bulk of the staff is going with. Mess and Entz are childhood friends and the almost everyone has been together since the beginning. Even Kramer would be at risk with his relationship with Klieman. The fact he stayed when Bohl left probably had a lot to do with Klieman being named the HC.

Hope Larson has a plan in place. He should have been preparing for this the last three years.
    Need to keep Kramer at all costs. Would like to keep most of the staff but at the very least need to keep a guy like Roehl who has lived the program from day 1 and knows what it takes to maintain it at this level.