Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Do we need a couple 2009 seasons to get bisonville right again?

This place is going to melt down when the run ends.

Get ur popcorn ready.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Kansas State angle is interesting, just because whomever Gene picks his legacy is married to that person. Plus, Kansas State is a football school. It's not Alabama or Texas, but it isn't Iowa State or Minnesota either. If Gene rolls the dice and picks a "longshot" coach (and I call Chris a long shot mainly due to his resume not having a lot of FBS experience), I could see it raising eyebrows. That being said, if he is a leader, he needs to do what he thinks is right.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

lol..WTF is going on around here, I feel like i'm in High School again. now I remember why I took a break for 8 months
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    The Kansas State angle is interesting, just because whomever Gene picks his legacy is married to that person. Plus, Kansas State is a football school. It's not Alabama or Texas, but it isn't Iowa State or Minnesota either. If Gene rolls the dice and picks a "longshot" coach (and I call Chris a long shot mainly due to his resume not having a lot of FBS experience), I could see it raising eyebrows. That being said, if he is a leader, he needs to do what he thinks is right.
    K State is the classic hostage situation created by long time legends. They eventually cannot change, adapt to current recruiting trends and coaching styles. The University builds stadiums named after them as if they are gods, which they start believing they are (in a coaching sense). Than and only than do they hold the University hostage by pitting the old gaurd and new gaurd against one another by demanding thier frckn KID gets the job when they leave. A kid that will coach like dad and continue to run a program downward. All along the fans turns against one another taking sides. Taylor will eventually lose his job over this mess, or, hate it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Leave it to you know who to write a completely speculative article going into the final week of the regular season and senior day. Is what he's saying legit? Sure. Obviously Gene will look hard at Chris. But McFooley could have wrote this same article in January or July, but nah let's stir up a little controversy going into the end of the season and a month before early signing.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Leave it to you know who to write a completely speculative article going into the final week of the regular season and senior day. Is what he's saying legit? Sure. Obviously Gene will look hard at Chris. But McFooley could have wrote this same article in January or July, but nah let's stir up a little controversy going into the end of the season and a month before early signing.
    It is, sort of, HIS JOB!!!! And, he is making nothing up. I dont think players, coaches, anybody would be too caught of guard by any such talk as it is part of any very successful program.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Can't really blame McFeely since Bisonville had a thread about this long before he brought it up.

That said, every time this thread pops to the top of the board (and here I am doing it), it's like "<Insert name of diety>! Not this <insert expletive modifier(s)> <insert synonym for excrement> again!" I don't see the entertainment value or usefulness of it, and here I am bumping it to the top. The AD will make the choice without our input and, hopefully, with a lot more expertise.

Yes, Chris Klieman could take a new opportunity, but, just like with Bohl, it'll probably come as a surprise though no matter how many times people post "Omigod! An FBS job opened up! CK is going to get it!" I'm with BisonLaw, this seems not only pointless but kind of stupid considering the timing. Why not go to recruits' twitter feeds and ask them who they would want to have on a new coaching staff? Hint: Because it's GD stupid, that's why.

No matter what, NDSU is losing a ton of leadership this year from the senior class - to me, having the right leadership in the locker room is just as important as having the right people in the coaches' offices.

The big question is whether Klieman would be "a" top candidate or "the" top candidate. Being a top candidate is pretty obvious and many before this have already made that connection. Being the top candidate is just poking the Bisonville hornet's nest by one of the "the" top offenders in that category. Clemson DC Brent Venables and Oregon DC (and former USF HC) Jim Leavitt are both former K-State assistants (Venables is also an alum) that would have to be "top candidates" themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Can't really blame McFeely since Bisonville had a thread about this long before he brought it up.

That said, every time this thread pops to the top of the board (and here I am doing it), it's like "<Insert name of diety>! Not this <insert expletive modifier(s)> <insert synonym for excrement> again!" I don't see the entertainment value or usefulness of it, and here I am bumping it to the top. The AD will make the choice without our input and, hopefully, with a lot more expertise.

Yes, Chris Klieman could take a new opportunity, but, just like with Bohl, it'll probably come as a surprise though no matter how many times people post "Omigod! An FBS job opened up! CK is going to get it!" I'm with BisonLaw, this seems not only pointless but kind of stupid considering the timing. Why not go to recruits' twitter feeds and ask them who they would want to have on a new coaching staff? Hint: Because it's GD stupid, that's why.

No matter what, NDSU is losing a ton of leadership this year from the senior class - to me, having the right leadership in the locker room is just as important as having the right people in the coaches' offices.
    That's my problem with the article. If Kansas State loses it's next two games, then Bill Snyder might step down, then his son might not get the job, then Gene Taylor might hire Chris Klieman.

I actually don't have a problem with the what happens after he leaves talk, because it's an interesting discussion. But speculating when and where is just silly. Craig Bohl left for freaking Wyoming doing the middle of a playoff run.