Page 76 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    The KS money would surely be nice if money is everything, but not following a legend forced into retirement and whose staff you have to inherit and a program in need of fresh blood. I would be interested to be the coach after the coach who replaced Snyder. That shouldn't take too long.
    Yeah I'm not sure things are as good as they seem. Plus, with Miles at KU, the shadow is going to reverse if it's CK vs Miles. Mark Mangino took advantage of the Ron Prince era to tilt the scales back KU's way for a few years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be clear KSU fans ARE the worst, but what would bisonville's reaction be if we hire a DII coach with no NDSU ties?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBison-05 View Post
    To be clear KSU fans ARE the worst, but what would bisonville's reaction be if we hire a DII coach with no NDSU ties?
    Depends on which one. I'd take Steve Laqua, Todd Hoffner wouldn't be the worst.

Both Adam Dorrell and Colby Carthel took FCS jobs after winning the last two DII national championships.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well KSU is no NDSU at the FBS level, and if he had the ridiculous track record that Klieman has I wouldn’t freak out about it

Excellent reference. You are correct.

Maybe we can get Stig lured in, offer lifetime supply of JOOSE!

so if CK gets the K State job who is angrier?

A. Craig Bohl
    B. Mark Farley
    C. Mike Houston
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    so if CK gets the K State job who is angrier?

A. Craig Bohl
    B. Mark Farley
    C. Mike Houston
    Farley's rage has long since burned away any available none boney flesh from his skull. Skeletor would be totally zen about the whole situation.

If the DII coach had the record of Chris Klieman, I would have no problem with the hire (assuming he kept the playing style and culture in place) -- there are great coaches at all levels of football.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    While hockey is a niche sport.... It would be silly for the fhawks to take money from their only legitimate men's sport
    It was silly for them to focus their Athletic Department's cash cow on a niche sport to begin with and should have changed their department's focus once they decided to move up from DII. If hockey was a major collegiate sport like football and men's basketball, where every successful DI school is good at least one of them, they wouldn't be stuck in the corner they painted themselves into. Now, they're in the position of trying to be competitive with their former rivals in a major sport that is playing second fiddle to a niche sport on their own campus. Not may good football coaches or athletes are going to want to be a part of that culture.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well KSU is no NDSU at the FBS level, and if he had the ridiculous track record that Klieman has I wouldn’t freak out about it
    Exactly. Tell me who he is and his credentials. And Klieman isn't exactly going to Alabama.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix